Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:02 PM

The Danger now!!!

It would appear that the main obstacle to resolving the
brexit debacle still resides in our own parliament and our own
establishment!
With things looking a bit better since Boris applied a more
definite attitude in dealing with the eu, and quite likely imo
to improve further as leave date gets ever nearer, the more
frantic Corbyn and other remain groups are going to become?
I believe that the nearer Boris gets to clinching a successful
exit for uk the more stupidity will be exhibited by remainers
no matter what the outcome of their actions!
Our biggest danger is ourselves!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2019, 11:29 PM

Re: The Danger now!!!

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It would appear that the main obstacle to resolving the
brexit debacle still resides in our own parliament and our own
establishment!
With things looking a bit better since Boris applied a more
definite attitude in dealing with the eu, and quite likely imo
to improve further as leave date gets ever nearer, the more
frantic Corbyn and other remain groups are going to become?
I believe that the nearer Boris gets to clinching a successful
exit for uk the more stupidity will be exhibited by remainers
no matter what the outcome of their actions!
Our biggest danger is ourselves!

Regards Donkeyman!
You are right. It is time to go, and you have to help yourself, as your government is unable to. As this author stated:
Leaving the EU would be a huge and complex affair that would require resources far beyond the reach of any political party or normal campaign, and, in this author’s opinion, would be an exercise far beyond Whitehall as it currently works.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170110...archforbfb.pdf
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are right. It is time to go, and you have to help yourself, as your government is unable to. As this author stated:
Leaving the EU would be a huge and complex affair that would require resources far beyond the reach of any political party or normal campaign, and, in this author’s opinion, would be an exercise far beyond Whitehall as it currently works.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170110...archforbfb.pdf
I did'nt open your Link Solly, l relied on your summary as a
reference, l reject your authors opinion as imo his/her
opinion carries no more weight than my own?
However l totally agree with your stated opinion of the sorry
lot currently in residence at westminster? Of who'm only a few
are worth their salt, imo?
Hopefully we can rectify this in the soon to come GE when
Nigel has a good chance of upsetting the SQ!
Boris has a small but increasing chance of getting us out
before a GE, but my hopes rest with Nijel!

Regards Donkeyman!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 10:43 AM

I don't know why, but I have this awful feeling that we may yet still get stitched up by BJ.
I just do not trust him.

I seem to be hearing too much talk from his side about the entire withdrawal agreement being a dead duck, but in the next breath, his team are talking about his insistence that the backstop must be removed. What about the rest of it??

Is he saying he would be happy to come back and present the surrender document to Parliament minus the backstop, but still containing dozens of articles that would ensure we would still be trapped half in and half out of the EU forever?
That would appease the remain MP's but would be an utter betrayal to Leavers.

And I certainly don't want yet another two year transition period where we have to follow all EU rules yet have no say over those same rules and no right to object. I certainly don't want us to be forced to continue to be the cash cow that we have always been, making payments of millions to the EU during that same transition period.

The same would apply to EU citizen's rights in the UK. They would still be free to reside here and claim social security payments with many advantages that UK citizens will never have, and these would be guaranteed for life!

All this during this 2 year transition period whilst we are informed by the EU that our own UK citizens rights are still up in the air and subject to further negotiation. What on - Fishing rights perhaps? I also read that BJ has even offered more money than we owe.

No wonder Merkel and Macron can afford a smile. Any more from Boris and he will May in trousers.

Yes, the backstop is vitally important to sort out, but not at the expense of every other shackles contained in that surrender document.

If a deal is forthcoming, it must be made clear that the whole surrender document, not just the backstop, must be confined to the bin for us to continue negotiating.

We must also still leave on 31st October. With a deal hopefully, but without a deal if necessary.

Leave voters expect nothing less from BJ. Anything other will be an utter betrayal and he will be finished.

I just wish I could shake this feeling off that being Prime Minister, getting a larger majority and grandstanding on the world stage is more important to him than getting us out of the EU, exactly as we voted for and lock stock and barrel, without selling us down the river.
I'm prepared to give him the benefit of doubt up until 31st Oct only, but if he calls a GE before he takes us out, my vote will be going to Nigel. I trust him 100% on Brexit. I certainly don't trust BJ in the same way. Vote him into power with a majority before we leave would give him carte blanche to stitch us up good and proper and there would be nothing we could do about it.

For Leavers to trust any politician ever again, especially BJ. Get us out first, then have the general election where we can make up our minds on what he has done about Brexit.

Trust is a two-way street. He should heed this well.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Was anyone else as surprised as me to hear the EU saying at last they knew what we actually wanted, after 3 years of Mrs May they were refreshed to hear someone knew what we want. Have a feeling Mrs May won't be remember fondly in a few years time when all that has gone on actually comes out.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-08-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I don't know why, but I have this awful feeling that we may yet still get stitched up by BJ.
I just do not trust him.

I seem to be hearing too much talk from his side about the entire withdrawal agreement being a dead duck, but in the next breath, his team are talking about his insistence that the backstop must be removed. What about the rest of it??

Is he saying he would be happy to come back and present the surrender document to Parliament minus the backstop, but still containing dozens of articles that would ensure we would still be trapped half in and half out of the EU forever?
That would appease the remain MP's but would be an utter betrayal to Leavers.

And I certainly don't want yet another two year transition period where we have to follow all EU rules yet have no say over those same rules and no right to object. I certainly don't want us to be forced to continue to be the cash cow that we have always been, making payments of millions to the EU during that same transition period.

The same would apply to EU citizen's rights in the UK. They would still be free to reside here and claim social security payments with many advantages that UK citizens will never have, and these would be guaranteed for life!

All this during this 2 year transition period whilst we are informed by the EU that our own UK citizens rights are still up in the air and subject to further negotiation. What on - Fishing rights perhaps? I also read that BJ has even offered more money than we owe.

No wonder Merkel and Macron can afford a smile. Any more from Boris and he will May in trousers.

Yes, the backstop is vitally important to sort out, but not at the expense of every other shackles contained in that surrender document.

If a deal is forthcoming, it must be made clear that the whole surrender document, not just the backstop, must be confined to the bin for us to continue negotiating.

We must also still leave on 31st October. With a deal hopefully, but without a deal if necessary.

Leave voters expect nothing less from BJ. Anything other will be an utter betrayal and he will be finished.

I just wish I could shake this feeling off that being Prime Minister, getting a larger majority and grandstanding on the world stage is more important to him than getting us out of the EU, exactly as we voted for and lock stock and barrel, without selling us down the river.
I'm prepared to give him the benefit of doubt up until 31st Oct only, but if he calls a GE before he takes us out, my vote will be going to Nigel. I trust him 100% on Brexit. I certainly don't trust BJ in the same way. Vote him into power with a majority before we leave would give him carte blanche to stitch us up good and proper and there would be nothing we could do about it.

For Leavers to trust any politician ever again, especially BJ. Get us out first, then have the general election where we can make up our minds on what he has done about Brexit.

Trust is a two-way street. He should heed this well.
Exactly my thoughts SG, Boris has seemingly done well so
far, but much of what he says is aimed at restoring tory
popularity, l also will only give him rope untill we are out?

Regards Donkeyman!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

23-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Was anyone else as surprised as me to hear the EU saying at last they knew what we actually wanted, after 3 years of Mrs May they were refreshed to hear someone knew what we want. Have a feeling Mrs May won't be remember fondly in a few years time when all that has gone on actually comes out.
Yes julie, seems Boris has revived the entente codial!
But maybe it has all been stitched up with eu allready?
Dont forget Boris is a tory!

Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I did'nt open your Link Solly, l relied on your summary as a
reference, l reject your authors opinion as imo his/her
opinion carries no more weight than my own?
However l totally agree with your stated opinion of the sorry
lot currently in residence at westminster? Of who'm only a few
are worth their salt, imo?
Hopefully we can rectify this in the soon to come GE when
Nigel has a good chance of upsetting the SQ!
Boris has a small but increasing chance of getting us out
before a GE, but my hopes rest with Nijel!

Regards Donkeyman!
Well, perhaps you should. The author is dominique cummings, the man presently advising boris on how to get done brexit. As he believes british government is incapable to handle brexit, where are you heading with such a man effectively at the helm?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 10:37 PM

Well, tonight it looks as though that little sh!t Owen Jones is about to cause mayhem. What a trouble maker he is, but I believe he'll get nabbed sooner or later , and I really hope so. Anyone else would be for encouraging social unrest , and that's really what he's hoping for. So why not him ? Bloody Marxist !

Calling for people to occupy the House of Commons in name of democracy !!

He said: “If Boris Johnson tries to shut down Parliament to drive through No Deal – which most voters rejected in the 2017 election – that’s a coup d’état, and we should all take to the streets and peacefully occupy the House of Commons in the name of democracy.

https://politicaluk.co.uk/2019/08/re...D8iKGWt1lqtIj8
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

26-08-2019, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Well, tonight it looks as though that little sh!t Owen Jones is about to cause mayhem. What a trouble maker he is, but I believe he'll get nabbed sooner or later , and I really hope so. Anyone else would be for encouraging social unrest , and that's really what he's hoping for. So why not him ? Bloody Marxist !

Calling for people to occupy the House of Commons in name of democracy !!

He said: “If Boris Johnson tries to shut down Parliament to drive through No Deal – which most voters rejected in the 2017 election – that’s a coup d’état, and we should all take to the streets and peacefully occupy the House of Commons in the name of democracy.
Wasn't it nigel farage who took to the street and marched on westminster in may this year? Who was it on this forum who cried for occypying the house?

The prorogueing boris is proposing is nothing other than government closing the doors of parliament and locking themselves in. If that is not occupation, what is?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top