Join for free
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Re: Uncle Joe's new threads

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I agree Barry.
You may agree Alan, but you are invariably the one to answer them first, and by doing so give them undeserved credibility !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It is such a pity that one member can hold the rest of us to ransom in this way.
I look in these days, see all the 'nasty party' threads and then go elsewhere
Malcolm Admin went to the trouble of providing a separate Political section so that people can avoid some threads if they wish .
I thought you posted the other day to say you were happy with the new arrangement.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
You may agree Alan, but you are invariably the one to answer them first, and by doing so give them undeserved credibility !
You're quite right Malcolm and that's because I also don't like the Tories but even I am starting to find the sheer volume of such threads a bit tedious.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 05:56 PM

You're quite right Malcolm and that's because I also don't like the Tories but even I am starting to find the sheer volume of such threads a bit tedious.
Welcome to the club Alan
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Is there a Nice party?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Is there a Nice party?

No.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 06:16 PM

Yes - he is free to post the threads but - they could have been in one or two threads instead they are separated.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 06:17 PM

I thought Admin intended to do something about the rather sad person using the forum for their personal agenda. I guess they didn't. To be a moderator or administrator you MUST have ruthless objectivity, there can be no exceptions.

I am 100% convinced that if I spammed away in a different forum section creating a ridiculous number of silly meaningless threads which I had no intention of participating in, that I would get a warning, if not a ban fairly quickly. This poster appears to be bulletproof which is regrettable for the overall forum.

No poster should be permitted to spam any forum section with repeated one-liner threads. Aside from anything else it makes it pointless for anyone else to create a thread because it will be pushed off the screen in double time and get little discussion exposure. What is happening in the Politics thread is wrong, should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago and requires admin to demonstrate their objectivity.

It should be an easy fix. A warning, a temporary infraction, or simply limit the number of threads any individual can make in a forum section per day.

The poster in question should also be told to cease using the term "nasty party" which is divisive and clearly done to anger and incite others. If someone repeatedly made threads in the Social Issues and Religion section with the term "nasty arabs" in it, those threads would be swiftly pulled I would think.

This is not an issue of free speech any longer. That privilege is being and has been constantly abused. This is simply a mis-use of an open discussion forum to undertake a personal political agenda.

The site is largely pointless if people are permitted to act in that way.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Malcolm Admin went to the trouble of providing a separate Political section so that people can avoid some threads if they wish .
I thought you posted the other day to say you were happy with the new arrangement.
Yes, I am happy with the new section for Politics Meg, but I'm sure that Azz didn't do it especially for me !
However when I look at the latest posts and see nasty party, nasty party, nasty party ... I find it very off-putting.
This is no fault of Azz's and certainly no fault of yours Meg, you have done your best to try to restrict the use of such phrases in the topic headings and I commend you for your efforts.
Looks like those of us who object to the unwarranted name calling rants will just have to accept it !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2016, 06:19 PM

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top