Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:51 AM

Germany scraps EU Benefits Why didn't we?

Hi

We must be mad.

Cameron goes off to Brussels to ask permission to reduce Benefits for EU Migrants.

Germany goes further than that, doesn't ask permission and then gets the full backing of the EU Courts.

Cameron's plan is being phased in over years, Germany's reduction in Benefits is immediate.

http://www.thelocal.de/20160225/germ...gners-eu-court

They have previously ruled that EU Migrants cannot get the same Benefits as Germans until they have been in Germany for 5 years.

Am I missing something here or are we just plain stupid?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 07:11 AM

Re: Germany scraps EU Benefits Why didn't we?

The latter I suspect...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 07:37 AM

I'm gradually moving towards the 'out' camp.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 09:30 AM

Alan i hope everyone is i certainly am and this info makes me even more determined to get out.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Alan i hope everyone is i certainly am and this info makes me even more determined to get out.
Hi

Our Politicians are useless, they will not suddenly change when we leave.

They could have and should have stopped these Benefits years ago, before we became a magnet for Benefit Migrants, it is a total nonsense.

We will only benefit from leaving if we get new Politicians who fight our corner.

Unfortunately we will be stuck for years with the present crop of spineless incompetents.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 03:09 PM

Yes,

This really does rubber stamp Camerons spineless incompetence. We have to ask permission - they just do what they want.
It just reinforces that we need to get out.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 03:25 PM

I don"t think you are missing something at all SWIM.
We are just plain stupid, well "Call me Dave" is.
This is just crazy news , why if Germany does what the devil they like, why don"t we take a leaf from their book, and do what we like.
I fear this may make us an even bigger target
Brexit for me all the way, and no going back.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top