Join for free
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 11:15 PM

Germany loses 130,000 asylum seekers

Germany does not know the whereabouts of 130,000 asylum seekers who were registered last year, officials say.
The migrants did not appear at reception centres to which they had been directed, the government said in a written reply to a question.

This may be because they have moved to a different country, gone underground or registered several times.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35667858

What a mess.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 11:23 PM

Re: Germany loses 130,000 asylum seekers

Think of it as Merkel Magic ...
After failing to get other EU countries to take their quota how else can she move them on elsewhere ? What a cunning, admirable ploy!

And this is in addition to the 400,000 people in the country whose identities are unknown to the authorities.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 11:44 PM

Perhaps they have gone home..
I heard some 'desperate asylum seekers' taken in by Germany being interviewed and bemoaning the fact that they were very disappointed with the facilities provided by the Germans, the lack of work and shock horror some had been sent to live in the countryside where 'nothing was going on'.

I think the fact that even the most impoverished of 'asylum seekers' seem to possess a mobile phone giving access to social media has help to spread the word worldwide that there are freebies to be had in some countries and it is worth trying their luck and this is leading to unfilled expectations .

If I was fleeing for my life I would be grateful for anything including a bed in a house in the German countryside.

I hope a few more go home so that room can be made for the genuine refugees like the women and children living in camps in Jordon.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 11:50 PM

Hi

Well as usual the Germans are better organised than us.

We have lost 600,000 illegals, and unlike Germany, we do not send them home when we do find a few, oh no, we release them on bail and they disappear again.

Merry-go-Round anyone?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top