Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:35 AM

Re: Autumn New Zealand

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Fantastic! I love the ones framed by trees.
Is there a device that you can convert negatives with?
There are several, TessA. I have heard this one is good as it does slides as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITNOW-Ne...+scanner&psc=1
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Fantastic! I love the ones framed by trees.
Is there a device that you can convert negatives with?
Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I was very lucky with the weather during that two weeks as it is not always great in New Zealand, I quite fancy a trip back but I am sure I would not be as lucky with the weather again.

I borrowed a negative scanner from work TessA, it was really time consuming though so my ambitious plans of scanning all the best negatives bit the dust
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
There are several, TessA. I have heard this one is good as it does slides as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITNOW-Ne...+scanner&psc=1
That would probably faster than the one I used which scanned into photoshop
DWebb
North East, UK

04-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I agree with all of that. Great pictures indeed.
Film cameras did well for me. Now gone digital with a Canon SLR.

What took me a little while to get round was the difference, not so much in quality, but the incremental cost of film. You buy the film and each frame has another incremental cost for developing. So you are selective.

With digital you can do as many as you like. The problem then becomes one of managing the files. I do it by month and download that to a DVD before clearing the camera.

Not there is a problem with the camera storage being exceeded. The memory card is 32Gb and I carry a spare.
I find that is good and bad as I used to be much more selective in the pictures I took when using film, now I take far to many with digital....it saves money of course on the film and developing.
I used to have a Ricoh KR10 I think it was

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top