Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Please, ‘Don’t Call Me Scarface’!

Firstly, l wondered if you have any scars? If you have, there must be a story behind it/them?

I fear, l might be scarred, from the side of my nose to the top of my top lip...

Yesterday, was beautiful here and l decided to have a little snack outside. I put my plate of crackers and blue cheese on the table with a nice cup of tea.

My 3 hens were scratching about and when they saw me, they ran towards me. I threw them some corn and they ate it. Then one of the hens flew onto the bench beside me. ‘Ahh, l thought, how lovely’.
The next thing, it flew up towards the table after my cheese and biscuits!
I tried to grab my tea and the food, it startled the hen and it flew up and her claw scratched my face.
I managed to save, my tea and the food but was aware of blood dripping from my face. I boiled some hot water and dabbed my ‘wound’.
I look like Al Capone and l’m grateful for the lockdown as l couldn’t go anywhere with my scarface at the moment!

Please, tell me about your scars and their history.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:10 AM

Re: Please, ‘Don’t Call Me Scarface’!

Try not to worry Art. As the owner of two cats and a clumsy dog, I have had quite a few of those 'scars' and they have always healed without a trace. They do itch quite a bit at the time though.

I have a small scar on my right knee (operation a bout twenty years ago), an appendix scar from when I was five years old and a small dimple on my forehead from when I had Chicken pox.

I also have a million small, scars and blemishes from years of doing DIY but you wouldn't notice them. I remember having my finger prints taken at an airport (can't remember which Country I was in) and the passport control guy said 'Don't ever kill anyone, we'll get you in no time'

Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:19 AM

I have 4:

One on my wrist from when I was about 8, playing on a site of demolished buildings. I slipped and cut myself on a brick.

One on my wrist from when I was about 10. I was washing a glass bowl which, due to it being soapy, slipped and shattered with a shard cuttting me.

One on myforehead. Was about 13 and my brother had a friend over. The friend threw a bottle at my brother (mucking about) shouting "duck". My brother did, but I didn't!!

One on my leg (calf). Was about 12 and climbing over a spiked railing into the park opposite us. Had done this on numerous occasions over the years. Slipped and managed to impale myself on a spike.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:21 AM

Forgot one - broke my wrist about 7 years ago and there's a nice long one about 6" long from where the surgeon installed a plate.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:22 AM

Aw Art I hope the cut isn't too deep. Something like that really shakes you up doesn't it.

I have a large scar across my nose . About 4 years ago I was taking Chloe out on a foggy November day , tripped over the curb and went flying along the gravel path. The pain in my face was awful, I sat on the path covered in blood and tears and managed to get back to the house aching all over. I had to wash and pick the gravel out of my cheeks and managed to dress the wound on my nose.
I really should have gone to A&E to have a stitch in my nose but was too shaken up to drive.

Next morning I had two horrible black eyes and had bruises on one side of my body.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Apart from a couple of deliberate scars for a hernia (done under local anaesthetic, and not enough of it), and a pacemaker (I fell asleep with just sedation) I too have loads of scars from "misadventure" exploits.

How long have you got?

One in my forehead from a flying cold chisel, a vee shape in the back of one hand from the catch of a falling Moggy Thou boot lid, a jagged jobby in the palm of the other where I fell on the head of a nail whilst sorting pallets at work, the tip of one finger when it was pierced by a gear sprocket going in through the nail, a barbed wire gash in the crook of one elbow from helping local fire crews by carrying sections of a gert big suction pipe, and a serrated ear where I skidded after coming off a pushbike at speed, and many, many more.

The worst one is purple and about seventy mm long across the side of my calf from a knife wound. (Right hand not knowing what the left leg was doing).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Try not to worry Art. As the owner of two cats and a clumsy dog, I have had quite a few of those 'scars' and they have always healed without a trace. They do itch quite a bit at the time though.

I have a small scar on my right knee (operation a bout twenty years ago), an appendix scar from when I was five years old and a small dimple on my forehead from when I had Chicken pox.

I also have a million small, scars and blemishes from years of doing DIY but you wouldn't notice them. I remember having my finger prints taken at an airport (can't remember which Country I was in) and the passport control guy said 'Don't ever kill anyone, we'll get you in no time'

Gosh, Longy you do have been in the wars!
Yes, you’re right about the itching. I keep forgetting and scratch it when it itches. Itching is a sign that it’s healing, isn't it?
I was glad that l’d had a Tetanus injection last year, when l sliced my knee open. That’s another scar l’ve got. It’s about 6” across.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2020, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I have 4:

One on my wrist from when I was about 8, playing on a site of demolished buildings. I slipped and cut myself on a brick.

One on my wrist from when I was about 10. I was washing a glass bowl which, due to it being soapy, slipped and shattered with a shard cuttting me.

One on myforehead. Was about 13 and my brother had a friend over. The friend threw a bottle at my brother (mucking about) shouting "duck". My brother did, but I didn't!!

One on my leg (calf). Was about 12 and climbing over a spiked railing into the park opposite us. Had done this on numerous occasions over the years. Slipped and managed to impale myself on a spike.
Dextrous, That sounds like a horror film! The ‘being impaled on a spiked railing’ sent shivers up my spine!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
Apart from a couple of deliberate scars for a hernia (done under local anaesthetic, and not enough of it), and a pacemaker (I fell asleep with just sedation) I too have loads of scars from "misadventure" exploits.

How long have you got?

One in my forehead from a flying cold chisel, a vee shape in the back of one hand from the catch of a falling Moggy Thou boot lid, a jagged jobby in the palm of the other where I fell on the head of a nail whilst sorting pallets at work, the tip of one finger when it was pierced by a gear sprocket going in through the nail, a barbed wire gash in the crook of one elbow from helping local fire crews by carrying sections of a gert big suction pipe, and a serrated ear where I skidded after coming off a pushbike at speed, and many, many more.

The worst one is purple and about seventy mm long across the side of my calf from a knife wound.
Oh yes, I am very familiar with injuries sustained from doing stupid things when I was a kid.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

08-05-2020, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aw Art I hope the cut isn't too deep. Something like that really shakes you up doesn't it.

I have a large scar across my nose . About 4 years ago I was taking Chloe out on a foggy November day , tripped over the curb and went flying along the gravel path. The pain in my face was awful, I sat on the path covered in blood and tears and managed to get back to the house aching all over. I had to wash and pick the gravel out of my cheeks and managed to dress the wound on my nose.
I really should have gone to A&E to have a stitch in my nose but was too shaken up to drive.

Next morning I had two horrible black eyes and had bruises on one side of my body.
Ooh Meg, that all sounds horrendous, especially having to pick gravel out of your face. It’s the the shock after the ‘without warning fall’ that is bad too.

I’m sure my wound will clear up pretty soon but l was more bothered that my favourite china mug could have got broken in the mayhem!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top