Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 06:15 PM

Re: So, we think we are so important ?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
No Mups I won't bother. I only put him on ignore because he was spoiling a serious thread with his " humour"
They may be here already disguised as the Corona virus, slowly killing us off so they can move onto our planet!
And that is serious?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 07:39 PM

The United States has launched Martian Landers and have been looking for ANY form of life on Mars for decades now. So far, no evidence of even a single cell of bacteria.

The Martian "rovers' are incredibly sophisticated machines which have the ability to scoop up Martian soil, even drill into rocks, and sift it into a "broth" which would show any bacteria if it did exist on Mars.

Recently, NASA has discovered that there are at least 3 underground "lakes" of liquid. It is hoped that those lakes are water. If the answer is yes, then that would be a hugely important discovery.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	nasa-mars-rover.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	13860  
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 08:22 PM

Don’t tell her bakerman
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Don’t tell her bakerman

I didn't want to tell her but now I must admit that NASA has photographed this life form on Mars.

Vlad, I don't know about you but I am signing up to go there ASAP

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m9w5zuot1v1qa70eyo1_500.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	13861  
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 09:51 PM

Leave the Bacteria where it is, we have enough going on here already.
bakerman
Mexico

09-10-2020, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Leave the Bacteria where it is, we have enough going on here already.
We do not know that there is any bacteria at all on Mars.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
We do not know that there is any bacteria at all on Mars.
We aren't certain about anything, regarding other planets Bakerman. Surely the USA space programme just tell us what they think we want to hear to make sure they keep getting the finance for their explorations.
Let's be fair, Trump was telling his people that Covid19 wasn't anything to worry about, but soon managed to get into hospital on very expensive drugs, when he got it. He is now saying that everybody in America will now be given these drugs free of charge, if they become ill. This was just before he collapsed into a coughing fit, after telling us how well he was.
The man is a complete liar & if that is the best the USA can find to be President, I have doubts that it will be possible to create a colony on Mars.
Will there be sufficient safe water on Mars to allow a human population to grow? I don't have the answers to all the questions we need to ask, but I seriously doubt anything Trump or the space team offer, because they are just making sure they will be important enough to be saved, if life on Earth becomes impossible!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 09:12 AM

Hi

Life?

We look at it from a human point of view, which is very restrictive, we can only exist in a miniscule temperature range and a critical oxygen level.

We are finding life here which can exist in much different conditions, especially in the deep oceans.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 11:14 AM

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.

HG Wells
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 02:18 PM

Hi

I am of absolutely no importance to anyone except for my son and a couple of close siblings.

I came into the world unnoticed and will leave in the same way.

An unattended cremation and that is that.

Done, arranged, paid for.

Anyone who wants to remember me can have a meal out and enjoy it.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top