Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 08:44 PM

Can We Talk About Peas?

I love garden peas with my meals ie. fish, steak and roasts.

I prefer garden peas that l buy frozen. Fresh peas are a pain, you’re popping pods for ages but only end up with a few peas to show for all your trouble!
Even growing them, mice seem to sabotage a good harvest.

I usually buy Iceland Garden Peas That are only £1 a bag, they are so tender. l make sure l pick a pack with lots of little peas in the bag.
I don’t find expensive Birds Eye or Findus peas are any better.

I also have tins of mushy peas in the cupboard that I quite like occasionally with fish.
Oh and they are all full of Vitamin C.

So l ask, what peas do you like? Garden, Petit Pois, Mushy, any tinned, or the ones in the pods?

Do you have a favourite brand?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 08:50 PM

Re: Can We Talk About Peas?

Funny you should start a thread about peas,Art, I have just finished eating, chicken in gravy, with a pile of peas!.

Petit pois are my favourite, also peas are very versatile.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Funny you should start a thread about peas,Art, I have just finished eating, chicken in gravy, with a pile of peas!.

Petit pois are my favourite, also peas are very versatile.

Ha! Pauline and l have just had fish that l cooked with peas and a few chips.
The peas were so tender and nice, l thought they deserved a thread about them!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:03 PM

Marrowfat. None of that frozen petit pois wishy washy for me.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:09 PM

I love fish & chips with a tin of mushy peas but I also enjoy mangetout in a stir fry.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:14 PM

Faggot & pea batch!!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:24 PM

I prefer fresh peas when in season, otherwise dried or frozen ones. Do not like tinned peas at all. Cannot stand the mushy things.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:35 PM

I love frozen peas, don't bother much with buying brand names, I usually buy Tesco's or Sainsbury's. Oh but I love fresh garden peas - for me it's worth all that pod popping to get that wonderful texture and flavour. Can't abide mushy peas, or those tins of marrowfat peas, yuck!

Anyone remember Surprise Peas? Dried peas, but not like your typical dried peas, I think these were super fast freeze dried or something. They were really quite good and handy to keep a couple of packets in the cupboard. Wonder what happened to them?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:45 PM

I also make my own mushy peas, with of course ,my favourite petit Pois,

I also make petit Pois pea and mint soup..so sweet and tasty...I also love peas, in a potato and red onion salad mixed with mayonnaise ....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Marrowfat. None of that frozen petit pois wishy washy for me.

Oooh d00d, l don’t like those.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top