Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Re: Crackling roses

I used to love Neil Diamond. Soon after we married we bought one of his albums - I think it was a 'best of' or 'greatest hits', but not sure and I can't recall it now. Anyway, our next door neighbours were having a drink with us one evening and we played the album. Mr Neighbour loved the album and went straight out the next day to get a copy for himself.

After that, every single Saturday and Sunday morning, without fail, he would play the album, with the volume cranked up high, from about 8.00am onwards. It became our regular weekend wake up, and we quickly grew to hate that flippin' album and wish we'd never had them in for a drink that night

I still find it quite hard to really enjoy his music, even after nearly 50 years. That bl@%dy neighbour really did kill it for me
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:20 PM

longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I used to love Neil Diamond. Soon after we married we bought one of his albums - I think it was a 'best of' or 'greatest hits', but not sure and I can't recall it now. Anyway, our next door neighbours were having a drink with us one evening and we played the album. Mr Neighbour loved the album and went straight out the next day to get a copy for himself.

After that, every single Saturday and Sunday morning, without fail, he would play the album, with the volume cranked up high, from about 8.00am onwards. It became our regular weekend wake up, and we quickly grew to hate that flippin' album and wish we'd never had them in for a drink that night

I still find it quite hard to really enjoy his music, even after nearly 50 years. That bl@%dy neighbour really did kill it for me
Bet your gonna give this thread a wide berth then.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Well ST it reminds about every weekend of my youth.

Link to the man explain how he wrote this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwCJsbq9DE
Thank you, Galty, that was really good!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
That is such a good film, Longfellow, I watch it often on DVD.
longfellow
Chatterbox

04-07-2021, 03:28 PM

longfellow
Chatterbox

04-07-2021, 03:34 PM

Catch up next Sunday if I have time to resurrect another great thread.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top