Join for free
Page 21 of 505 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 08:42 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I still say better that than thousands of deaths, Realist. The cruise industry will survive - vulnerable people won't.

I agree, Tabby.
I have no crystal ball but this coronavirus could be the "Big One". Or maybe not. Too soon to tell. Of one thing I am certain, the W.H.O. has issued a world wide emergency warning AND the U.S has pulled U.S citizens out of Wuhan, China and they are now in isolation at a military base in California. The isolation will last a minimum of 14 days, unless someone tests positive. Also, any planes leaving anywhere from China are to land exclusively at specially prepared sites in the U.S. Once there, all passengers will undergo two separate testing facilities.

The W.H.O. and the C.D.C. in the U.S., are not going to all this trouble unless the threat is deemed damned serious.

I say, "Better safe than sorry".

As for any apocalyptic conspiracy theories, I say, "HOG WASH". We have a far better chance of being run over by a car than being nuked.

Moreover, I do not appreciate the numerous off topic posts alleging a U.S. inspired conspiracy against China.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I agree, Tabby.
I have no crystal ball but this coronavirus could be the "Big One". Or maybe not. Too soon to tell. Of one thing I am certain, the W.H.O. has issued a world wide emergency warning AND the U.S has pulled U.S citizens out of Wuhan, China and they are now in isolation at a military base in California. The isolation will last a minimum of 14 days, unless someone tests positive. Also, any planes leaving anywhere from China are to land exclusively at specially prepared sites in the U.S. Once there, all passengers will undergo two separate testing facilities.
Just as it should be done everywhere, Bakerman. This is a really nasty virus.

The W.H.O. and the C.D.C. in the U.S., are not going to all this trouble unless the threat is deemed damned serious.
Exactly.

I say, "Better safe than sorry".
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 09:42 AM

I just saw a photo of the inside of the cockpit in the U.S. plane which evacuated U.S. citizens from Wuhan, China. The pilot and the co-pilot were in full bio-hazard suits with what appeared to be a separate air supply.
Photo was CNN news service but I could not cut and paste it. Photo taken from outside of the plane.

This photo taken at a stop in Anchorage, Alaska during a re-fueling stop. Jeez, if I was on that plane I'd be scared to death .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBZv9tX.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	11529  
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So we're flying them home. Landing in Oxfordshire and then going on to a NHS hospital in the North somewhere.

I don't envy the other patients. I thought there was talk of using some military establishment?
Australia is sending evacuees to Christmas Island if they get permission for them to leave China. They will be charged $1000 for the flight and have to stay in the Christmas Island Detention Centre for 2 weeks.

The Detention Centre was reopened by the government because of their predicted swarm of refugees coming from Manus and Nauru after the medivac legislation was passed last year (it was repealed after the election). Currently it holds four people.

One slight problem - Christmas Island runway can't take a jumbo jet so once out of China they will have to transfer to smaller planes somewhere else.

Another great idea from the feds!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 10:49 AM

First cases confirmed in the UK.

From Fullfact.org

Coronavirus is not a single virus but a family of viruses which includes the common cold, SARS (the severe acute respiratory syndrome, of which there were outbreaks in 2002 and 2004) and this new coronavirus identified in people in Wuhan.

There are no patents for this new coronavirus.

A patent application from 2015 does exist for a different type of coronavirus and is referred to by users in the comments to the post.

This patent refers to a “live attenuated” version of the avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). This is essentially a weakened version of the virus, patented with the aim of eventually developing it into a vaccine against the disease for birds and other animals.

This patent is held by the UK-based Pirbright Institute, researchers of viral diseases in livestock.

The Pirbright Institute is not owned by Jacob Rothschild. We can find no evidence of any link between Mr Rothschild and the Institute.

The Institute says that in 2018/19 it received £12.6 million from public funds through the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council and £35 million from grants and commercial activity.

This article is part of our work factchecking potentially false pictures, videos and stories on Facebook. You can read more about this—and find out how to report Facebook content—here. For the purposes of that scheme, we’ve rated this claim as false because there is no patent for the coronavirus found in Wuhan and so it’s incorrect to say that Jacob Rothschild owns the patent.

By Abbas Panjwani
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
First cases confirmed in the UK.

From Fullfact.org

Coronavirus is not a single virus but a family of viruses which includes the common cold, SARS (the severe acute respiratory syndrome, of which there were outbreaks in 2002 and 2004) and this new coronavirus identified in people in Wuhan.i
Out of date information. As was stated earlier an Australian Lab has isolated the virus from a patient and successfully grown it and is sharing it with the world so that it can be studied and work commenced on a vaccine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 11:24 AM

Two confirmed cases in UK now:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51325192
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 07:59 PM

From Fullfact.org
There are no patents for this new coronavirus.
That statement clearly implies that there ARE patents for other forms of Coronavirus.

A patent application from 2015 does exist for a different type of coronavirus and is referred to by users in the comments to the post.

This patent refers to a “live attenuated” version of the avian infectious bronchitis virus (IBV). This is essentially a weakened version of the virus, patented with the aim of eventually developing it into a vaccine against the disease for birds and other animals.
The above essentially confirms that these deadly viruses ARE being manufactured but their excuse is that they are generating weaker versions in order to be able to create a lucrative profit making vaccine.

Believe what you will but for me this is no different to computer antivirus businesses. If there were no computer viruses these companies wouldn't be making $millions so where do people really think the viruses are coming from and why do you think Microsoft leave so many holes in their operating systems to be exploited?

The Institute says that in 2018/19 it received £12.6 million from public funds through the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council and £35 million from grants and commercial activity.

Very lucrative business indeed !

The war on our health continues for the sake of making $billions for pharmaceuticals and associated institutes.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2020, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Out of date information. As was stated earlier an Australian Lab has isolated the virus from a patient and successfully grown it and is sharing it with the world so that it can be studied and work commenced on a vaccine.
Really? "There is no patent for the Coronavirus" https://fullfact.org/online/Rothschild-coronavirus/ - dated 30th January 2020

The Australian Lab information was published earlier than that.

How much "Out of date" is "out of date"??
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2020, 12:11 AM

Patently waiting for the next instalment!

Page 21 of 505 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top