Join for free
Page 258 of 259 « First < 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 04:57 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Originally Posted by Heatherbelle ->
I’ve been watching CS for more years than I want to admit to. I’ve always enjoyed the characters. In the last 10 years or so, they have tried to make it more realistic, focusing on social issues like depression, etc. In my opinion, this was a soap that started out as entertainment – and there were lots of entertainment moments, i.e. Jack and Vera Duckworth. Now it jumps from one tragedy to another – it’s depressing. The comedy was taken right out of this show and replaced with “real life” events. I’m sure half the street has been in jail – it’s an old standby, the other half are busy having affairs. Sadly, I am realizing this is the time to quit watching and move on to something else. This soap no longer serves any purpose for me.
Very true.
Another change which has taken place between then and now is the inclusion of 'PC' characters and storylines to the extent that I feel the subject is being most definitely overdone and fails to represent true life.
Unless, of course, Coronation Street is now set on the real life Canal Street!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I haven't watched it for Years either...it's worse than Eastenders for doom & gloom....but..I am really enjoying reruns of good OLD classic Coronation St...I just love Jack & Vera...They make Me howl with laughter ..I miss Them
Yes I remember the start of the show.......just ... My mother used to watch it religiously, she also watched Crossroads and that I did like.
Never watched any of the others though, too busy so didn't have time.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Indeed, seems totally unsuitable for family viewing. Quality has been replaced by quantity, how many episodes a week now.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes I remember the start of the show.......just ... My mother used to watch it religiously, she also watched Crossroads and that I did like.
Never watched any of the others though, too busy so didn't have time.
Claim to fame time -- I was on Crossroads once. Seriously, I was. The storyline was something to do with motorcycle speedway so, their cameras were down at Monmore Green stadium, Wolverhampton to record some races. I was in the crowd at the starting gate with my mates. I could JUST see myself on the telly for all of 5 seconds when that episode was aired.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Claim to fame time -- I was on Crossroads once. Seriously, I was. The storyline was something to do with motorcycle speedway so, their cameras were down at Monmore Green stadium, Wolverhampton to record some races. I was in the crowd at the starting gate with my mates. I could JUST see myself on the telly for all of 5 seconds when that episode was aired.
I assume you were given strict instructions not to accidentally knock the scenery. I remember seeing walls and buildings wobble unexpectedly.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:55 AM

I just read that Roy Cropper has Aspergers syndrome.

Hmm - that explains his personality.

Spot on I would say..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-05-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I just read that Roy Cropper has Aspergers syndrome.

Hmm - that explains his personality.

Spot on I would say..
Marge assures me that I, too, have Asperger's syndrome.
So I'm in good company.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 11:39 AM

The actor who plays him will no doubt have researched the condition and will portray it in a sensitive informative manner.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-05-2021, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The actor who plays him will no doubt have researched the condition and will portray it in a sensitive informative manner.
I like Roy. He's one of the more interesting, longer-term characters and comes out with some well-delivered lines.

Certain other actors on there would do well to learn from him how unnecessary it is to shout loudly in an attempt to make themselves sound convincing!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Certain other actors on there would do well to learn from him how unnecessary it is to shout loudly in an attempt to make themselves sound convincing!
I don't think the actors can be blamed for that.

Doesn't the director tell them how he wants them to deliver the lines?

Page 258 of 259 « First < 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top