Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:57 PM

Re: When will GPs, dentists, Councils get back to normal?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You've never heard what called bean counting?
LOL! Go figure!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:21 PM

You seem to have a penchant for Switzerland. Why aren't you there living the dream?
Because I'm "living the dream" here! We've got a really nice home that we've put a lot of work into, we live in a very nice quite isolated old village, the last House on a one way road - there's only an organic farm at the very end of the road, we've got more wildlife than you could shake a stick at most of which we feed and water I pay no UK tax - why should I move at this time?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
LOL! Go figure!
You seemed to be implying I'm a prostitute. Ho ho! (no pun)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well I never, it must have been your science friends that confused me.

You sound like my son.
Your son?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

06-06-2021, 11:06 PM

You seemed to be implying I'm a prostitute. Ho ho! (no pun)
Absolutely not.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:43 AM

My SIL has serious heart problems due to having massive amounts of radiotherapy years ago for breast cancer. She has been really unwell but not able to see her GP face to face.

I have also been reading about a woman who nearly died from a ruptured appendix because her GP told her over the phone that he thought she had gastroenteritis and should rest and take paracetamol.

Surely we should be getting back to normal now. How can a diagnosis be reached when you can’t examine the patient?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
My SIL has serious heart problems due to having massive amounts of radiotherapy years ago for breast cancer. She has been really unwell but not able to see her GP face to face.

I have also been reading about a woman who nearly died from a ruptured appendix because her GP told her over the phone that he thought she had gastroenteritis and should rest and take paracetamol.

Surely we should be getting back to normal now. How can a diagnosis be reached when you can’t examine the patient?
That's disgusting! It would take the doctor two minutes to palpate the lower right quadrant of the abdomen and know for almost certain that it's an inflamed appendix.

I must have been lucky when I had a short (a few seconds) 'fainting fit' back in January. I was invited to come in and see a GP in person and he asked various questions and took a blood sample, and later got back to me with the results and advice.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Nearly every shop seems to have a plastic screen, twixt you and the staff, these days.

You can pay, or pass the parcel through a small hole in the plastic, very easily.

The point being that such a system maintains the contact by allowing for seeing and speaking.

It beggars belief that a Doctor Surgery cannot have, at least, one of it's medics set up behind a screen so that he/she can interpret your conversations & observe your symptoms.

Still no ability for touching you, but much better than what goes on when the phone, and the massive queueing on the phone, are all they are prepared to use.

Oh! & by the way, they'll do the full thing if you go Private - so paying, obviously, prevents transmission of virii!!.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by tedc ->
nearly every shop seems to have a plastic screen, twixt you and the staff, these days.

You can pay, or pass the parcel through a small hole in the plastic, very easily.

The point being that such a system maintains the contact by allowing for seeing and speaking.

It beggars belief that a doctor surgery cannot have, at least, one of it's medics set up behind a screen so that he/she can interpret your conversations & observe your symptoms.

Still no ability for touching you, but much better than what goes on when the phone, and the massive queueing on the phone, are all they are prepared to use.

Oh! & by the way, they'll do the full thing if you go private - so paying, obviously, prevents transmission of virii!!.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Nearly every shop seems to have a plastic screen, twixt you and the staff, these days.

It beggars belief that a Doctor Surgery cannot have, at least, one of it's medics set up behind a screen so that he/she can interpret your conversations & observe your symptoms.

Oh! & by the way, they'll do the full thing if you go Private - so paying, obviously, prevents transmission of virii!!.

Exactly what I said too Ted.
If you pay enough, it seems you can't transmit the virus!

I think it's a disgrace how we're being treated now.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top