Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:02 PM

Re: When will GPs, dentists, Councils get back to normal?

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It used to be that anything like that could only be done on the NHS after a consultation with two psychiatrists to ascertain the suitability. No idea of that still applies but that sounds sensible to avoid the 'convincing' element you mention.
Even better. You know psychiatrists. They're dying to find some new psychosis they can share with their colleagues!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Even better. You know psychiatrists. They're dying to find some new psychosis they can share with their colleagues!
True no doubt, not that I know any psychiatrists. Everything these days though is open to abuse of systems in place to protect people and organisations. Almost everybody has a price, not of course that I am saying that 'backhanders' are being taken. However, a 'price' comes in many different forms, as I am sure most people are aware of nowadays.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 07:44 PM

I know 3 women who have had gastric bypass ops on the NHS to lose weight. They cost in the region of £15,000 each. I know 2 women who have had breast implants on the NHS and I know 1 woman who had the gastric bypass op and then all her excess skin removed, again on the NHS.

As an aside, My GP referred me for a dermatology appointment about 2 months ago. I heard this afternoon that the consultant has agreed to my referral but there is a minimum of 1 years waiting list!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I know 3 women who have had gastric bypass ops on the NHS to lose weight. They cost in the region of £15,000 each. I know 2 women who have had breast implants on the NHS and I know 1 woman who had the gastric bypass op and then all her excess skin removed, again on the NHS.

As an aside, My GP referred me for a dermatology appointment about 2 months ago. I heard this afternoon that the consultant has agreed to my referral but there is a minimum of 1 years waiting list!!
Only to be expected with all these new arrivals via the Channel!
They seem to get priority for all sorts: housing, handouts, healthcare!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=Flowerpower;2102261]I know 3 women who have had gastric bypass ops on the NHS to lose weight. They cost in the region of £15,000 each. I know 2 women who have had breast implants on the NHS and I know 1 woman who had the gastric bypass op and then all her excess skin removed, again on the NHS.

As an aside, My GP referred me for a dermatology appointment about 2 months ago. I heard this afternoon that the consultant has agreed to my referral but there is a minimum of 1 years waiting list!![/QUOTE]

I sympathise Flowerpower, and understand your frustration as it looks like I can't see ENT till next year also.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 09:45 PM

Checkout private options. It's a whole lot less expensive than a lot of people think.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-06-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Checkout private options. It's a whole lot less expensive than a lot of people think.
I believe that an initial consultation is not very expensive. Marge once had one regarding a joint pain problem.

I imagine that any treatment, especially surgery, would become rather more expensive.

Of course, if you're rich like TAT, it should be no problem at all!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:42 PM

I have no idea.

Yet....

I know that many do have cosmetic surgery on the NHS simply to 'enhance' their appearance.

hmmm.... one or t'other eh?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 10:43 PM

I believe that an initial consultation is not very expensive. Marge once had one regarding a joint pain problem.

I imagine that any treatment, especially surgery, would become rather more expensive.

Of course, if you're rich like TAT, it should be no problem at all!
Yes if you have avoided tax then I guess it's affordable.... But in general private health insurance is a bit like a pyramid scheme.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-06-2021, 10:45 PM

Only to be expected with all these new arrivals via the Channel!
They seem to get priority for all sorts: housing, handouts, healthcare!
You are living in nineteen canteen

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top