Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:47 PM

Re: Diana’s statue

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There are many images of Diana and children in Africa and she was a kindergarten teacher before her wedding. So it seems perfect to have her surrounded by children and those from different backgrounds/ethnicities.

I think it's a lovely statue except for the outfit they chose to put her in. She had so many beautiful dresses they could have based it on.
Sod Africa, this is supposed to be about Diana and HER kids. I can well understand "Tampon Boy" being left out but in MY opinion it is highly offensive as it is.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:47 PM

I like it,
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The Guardian is irrelevant.
That's as may be, it very often is, but not in this case.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Sod Africa, this is supposed to be about Diana and HER kids. I can well understand "Tampon Boy" being left out but in MY opinion it is highly offensive as it is.
HER kids helped design it.... They have spent four years working with the sculptor.

Statues always have their critics. Interesting how it bears such a resemblance to the statue of Irene Sendler which was on the news just the other day.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:01 PM

Only a matter of time before someone finds a link between her family and slavery, and pushes the statue into a canal.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Been out most of the day and I haven't seen it yet. Will look out for it.
It's just behind the old orangery.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:21 PM

It has made her look like a Transsexual. Diana was quite lovely, very slender and fragile. Look at the legs on this!

The clothes look like someone who is transitioning would choose
too.

Very disappointing.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
HER kids helped design it.... They have spent four years working with the sculptor.

Statues always have their critics. Interesting how it bears such a resemblance to the statue of Irene Sendler which was on the news just the other day.
I don't think it does her justice at all. That being said, these posts read that Brits are critical yet again of her children's choices.
Is there no end to criticism of Diana and her offspring? Seems not.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
It has made her look like a Transsexual. Diana was quite lovely, very slender and fragile. Look at the legs on this!

The clothes look like someone who is transitioning would choose
too.

Very disappointing.
I thought so too it was a bit too masculine .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
I don't think it does her justice at all. That being said, these posts read that Brits are critical yet again of her children's choices.
Is there no end to criticism of Diana and her offspring? Seems not.
I’m not critiquing Diana or her children I am just disappointed with the statue .
I have only done a three human sculptures myself but if I had done that I would be disappointed with my work .
Admittedly it is easier to do a sculpture off a live model but Diana was so photographed there must have been any amount of reference photos .

This is my first sculpture ever using a live model

And it looks just like him

This is my second another live model

I was expecting something really great

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top