Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I think its possible to avoid people who get too close, yes...is this what you mean, Tachyon?
In packed shops? On public transport where people can use any and all seats? I doubt distancing is feasible really. Regarding masks, they really just provide a degree of protection for other people from YOUR respiratory droplets.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
In packed shops? On public transport where people can use any and all seats? I doubt distancing is feasible really. Regarding masks, they really just provide a degree of protection for other people from YOUR respiratory droplets.
Well I wouldn't go in packed shops or public transport...I never did, even pre-covid.

And I'm sure I will be grateful for my mask if anyone coughs or sneezes next to me, it does offer some protection.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 12:27 PM

I believe someone is developing a mask which indicates whether you've got covid or not, and hence breathing out the "spores" or whatever the correct term is.

Now, that would be useful!!
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 12:33 PM

As a public transport user and supermarket shopper I will continue to wear a mask for the time being. Although it is supposed to protect others rather than yourself it is noticeable the lack of colds and coughs since wearing them.
I don't wear glasses so maybe have an unfair advantage.
I also like the anonymity they give you.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I believe someone is developing a mask which indicates whether you've got covid or not, and hence breathing out the "spores" or whatever the correct term is.

Now, that would be useful!!
A bit too late really, since no-one is obliged to war a mask in a couple of weeks. You might be the only one wearing one.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:25 PM

I'll probably keep wearing my mask in shops and on public transport ..... certainly as winter approaches and we hit the flu season.

I think of it this way ...the restrictions are been lifted less because Covid has been controlled, let alone beaten ... and more because of economic pressure and a need to get back to some kind of normality before the country goes bankrupt.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
As a public transport user and supermarket shopper I will continue to wear a mask for the time being. Although it is supposed to protect others rather than yourself it is noticeable the lack of colds and coughs since wearing them.
I don't wear glasses so maybe have an unfair advantage.
I also like the anonymity they give you.
Me too, great isn't it.
I quite enjoyed lockdown and shall cherish fond memories of less people in my personal space.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
A bit too late really, since no-one is obliged to war a mask in a couple of weeks. You might be the only one wearing one.
Maybe so predominantly in the UK. But in terms of abroad ...,?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Maybe so predominantly in the UK. But in terms of abroad ...,?
Yes, because I think in the UK we are overly concerned of how we look, as opposed to keeping others (and ourselves) safe.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:43 PM

Ditch the Facemasks!...maybe I will...maybe I won't..I think I might..but then again..I think I might not...I'll give it a try...no I won't..can't make up My mind...a bit like the useless info' from the useless Governments who don't know any more than the rest of Us

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top