Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 06:43 AM

Re: Will You Ditch Your Mask When Covid Restrictions Are Lifted?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's my intention as well, Ripple. I see far too many people walk on by the anti bac stations in shops now. I still wipe down all my shopping...its just a habit now I'm aware of how many folk touch things. Never noticed it before
great minds 👍🏻
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
In packed shops? On public transport where people can use any and all seats? I doubt distancing is feasible really. Regarding masks, they really just provide a degree of protection for other people from YOUR respiratory droplets.
But, logically, if the number wearing of masks is higher, the spreading must be lower.

i.e. if everyone wears masks, there are no floating droplets.

Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
But, logically, if the number wearing of masks is higher, the spreading must be lower.

This is true, but I'm pretty confident mask-wearers will be in the minority after July 19th. Time will tell.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 10:20 AM

Before going out I put mask on and cover face when needed rather than taking it off and on. Intend to keep mask as not confident the shops will be quick to drop the rules.

Not had any colds this year.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:25 PM

But surely they offer some protection for the wearer because he/she won't be inhaling droplets from others ' coughs and sneezes?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Apparently there has been a poll on TV this morning and it was almost 50/50 for and against
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:41 PM

Slightly off topi but can I butt in with a question rather than start a new thread ?
Does anyone know if you have to have a bi lateral flow test before a dental appointment and also do you have to produce proof of having had your jabs ?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 01:44 PM

I'm in Scotland, but that didn't happen up here. Could you phone them and check, perhaps?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

Yes I believe that and recently bought two differnet types tested by WHICH which came out best .
I don't go into heavily populated areas but will continue to wear in shops .

Which? face mask tests reveal huge differences in filtration First consumer test of reusable face coverings reveals some can filter 99% of particles, while others manage just 7%

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/10...in-filtration/ - Which?
Zuleika
North West UK

05-07-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I'm in Scotland, but that didn't happen up here. Could you phone them and check, perhaps?
Had already thought of that but no one answering the phone and I suspect Scotland might do things differently so I'll ask again .....

Slightly off topic but can I butt in with a question rather than start a new thread ?
Does anyone know if you have to have a bi lateral flow test before a dental appointment and also do you have to produce proof of having had your jabs ?

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top