Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Re: Over 55s Park Home living

Some folks love living in them.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Am I getting confused? I though these places had closed periods to stop people living in them for a full 12 months.
Yes, they are holiday parks not residential.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:20 AM

Residential park homes are of a different construction to caravans, the type you take a holiday in. There are different styles in both. I have stayed at holiday sites and seen lodges that look fabulous, but they are holiday homes, not 52 weeks of the year living.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:21 AM

https://www.omar.co.uk/park-homes/
One of the park home manufacturers.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

16-07-2021, 09:22 AM

Tingdene.

https://www.tingdene.co.uk/residential-park-homes
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:46 AM

My parents retired to an over 55s park home in Lincolnshire. Although they liked it there were many rules and regulations. Sadly, Dad died after about two years and Mum wanted to move closer to us. That was when the problems really started because we couldn't use our own choice of estate agent to sell the home and in the end it was sold by the company owning the site for much less than my parents paid for it. A percentage of the sale price had to go to the company too. My poor Mum was left with very little money and had to move into a rented property rather than being able to buy again. Anyone deciding to go down this route would be advised to look very carefully at the small print before buying on one of these sites.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
My parents retired to an over 55s park home in Lincolnshire. Although they liked it there were many rules and regulations. Sadly, Dad died after about two years and Mum wanted to move closer to us. That was when the problems really started because we couldn't use our own choice of estate agent to sell the home and in the end it was sold by the company owning the site for much less than my parents paid for it. A percentage of the sale price had to go to the company too. My poor Mum was left with very little money and had to move into a rented property rather than being able to buy again. Anyone deciding to go down this route would be advised to look very carefully at the small print before buying on one of these sites.

Yes this is my concern too .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No Pixie... l meant in terms of how long they last.
When you buy a house they are built of bricks and mortar and will last for years. Would a park home last as long?
I doubt it Arty - as Susan said, they require a lot of expensive maintaining. Also, some parks will not allow homes that are under a certain value. So, say you bought a really expensive caravan way back, and its depreciated....they make you take it away off their grounds. Apparently its in the contract when you sign up, but...nobody reads the fine print and gets caught out.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 03:15 PM

We looked at buying a park home before we bought this bungalow (prices were actually very similar). What put us off the park home was discovering the owner was a pikey and part of the site was rented out to his rellies.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top