Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

22-07-2021, 01:01 AM

Re: TV, Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime

I tried watching Schitt's Creek and it just didn't click for me. Eugene Levy was terrific in SCTV back in the 80's though. Lots of episodes on Youtube too.

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:35 AM

Re Aussie stuff on Netflix ... I enjoyed Secret City, and a couple of others but can't remember the names.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:39 AM

Top of the Lake ... the second season set in Sydney.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You can download it off the interweb thing, that's what I did.

I haven't looked to see if it is on Netflix here.
Thanks Bruce. I’ll ask my son the techie for help

I had a subscription to Amazon Prime but canceled it. The version here has got a truckload of Indian language movies and not much else. Absolute junk!

Apple TV is nice but it’s alternative content and Netflix is limited viewing in SA.

I really enjoy Sci-fi and Action and have watched everything there is on Netflix
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I only have basic TV, I watch very few dramas but like the classics . I like factual and political programmes .
I enjoy dramas but not really political stuff unless you count Argo …
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

22-07-2021, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
I tried watching Schitt's Creek and it just didn't click for me. Eugene Levy was terrific in SCTV back in the 80's though. Lots of episodes on Youtube too.

Thanks Plank - I’ll check it out
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 06:55 AM

Do not have a TV and the only streaming service I am on is Viki which only shows Korean and Chinese films all with English sub titles.

At the moment am watching "Empress Ki" again for the third time all 51 Eps of them and all an hour long.

Also am on a few Torrents sites
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

22-07-2021, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Do not have a TV and the only streaming service I am on is Viki which only shows Korean and Chinese films all with English sub titles.

At the moment am watching "Empress Ki" again for the third time all 51 Eps of them and all an hour long.

Also am on a few Torrents sites
I absolutely loved that series galty! I also watched it twice!
Epic storyline! It’s on Netflix!

There are a few Korean shows/movies that I watch.
Plankton
United States
Plankton is male 

22-07-2021, 03:36 PM

As an avid watcher of all things having to do with the automobile industry, I decided to finally check out this trio's next efforts of showcasing their brand of buffoonery. Aside from the standard abrupt ending, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Actually, the abrupt ending was very fitting.

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

22-07-2021, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Plankton ->
As an avid watcher of all things having to do with the automobile industry, I decided to finally check out this trio's next efforts of showcasing their brand of buffoonery. Aside from the standard abrupt ending, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Actually, the abrupt ending was very fitting.

I enjoy Top Gear so this is definitely up my alley Plank as is Counting Cars and Rust Valley Restorers.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top