Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 07:52 PM

Re: Another U turn!

Apart from anything else, the police wouldn't go around asking everyone for ID without there being some suspicion. They haven't the manpower.

Exactly, JBR - why worry if you have nothing to worry about?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Apart from anything else, the police wouldn't go around asking everyone for ID without there being some suspicion. They haven't the manpower.

Exactly, JBR - why worry if you have nothing to worry about?
Occasionally, I might go up the road a short way to post a letter without taking any ID with me. Nothing: no wallet, no cards, no paperwork, nothing (apart from the letter).

If the police stopped me and asked me what I'm up to, what do you think I'd do?
I'd explain politely that I'm going to post a letter.
If they want to know who I am, I'd tell them and tell them my home address - just down the street.
I'd even invite them to come with me to prove it (after posting my letter, preferably).
I wouldn't have my keys with me (remember, I said I'd have nothing), but when we got home Marge would identify me and could even bring out my passport, driving licence, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 09:15 PM

Sounds an eminently sensible approach, JBR.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Occasionally, I might go up the road a short way to post a letter without taking any ID with me. Nothing: no wallet, no cards, no paperwork, nothing (apart from the letter).

If the police stopped me and asked me what I'm up to, what do you think I'd do?
I'd explain politely that I'm going to post a letter.
If they want to know who I am, I'd tell them and tell them my home address - just down the street.
I'd even invite them to come with me to prove it (after posting my letter, preferably).
I wouldn't have my keys with me (remember, I said I'd have nothing), but when we got home Marge would identify me and could even bring out my passport, driving licence, etc, etc, etc, etc...

Why should you be stopped by the police in the first place if you aren't doing anything wrong ?

We should be left alone we do not live in a police state.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Biden won. Why don't you just accept it? It will make life much easier for you in the long run.
He only "won" by voter fraud and postal votes.

Let's see what happens in the mid terms. Thats going to be interesting when we see the results from swing states that miraculously voted for him in 2020.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Why should you be stopped by the police in the first place if you aren't doing anything wrong ?

We should be left alone we do not live in a police state.
Maybe it's time we did.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-07-2021, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Maybe it's time we did.
We have stop and search for people suspected of committing a crime, but stopping people who are minding their own business and asking them for proof they are allowed to live here is unacceptable (my view).

laissez faire I believe ...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 01:19 PM

We have stop and search for people suspected of committing a crime, but stopping people who are minding their own business and asking them for proof they are allowed to live here is unacceptable (my view).

laissez faire I believe ...
There are millions with no right to be here and millions who don't abide by or even WANT to abide by our laws.

We can no longer live on the basis of laissez faire. It is harming us all.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

23-07-2021, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
There are millions with no right to be here and millions who don't abide by or even WANT to abide by our laws.

We can no longer live on the basis of laissez faire. It is harming us all.
There are other ways of catching criminals than forcing the whole population to carry ID cards and spot checking them.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

23-07-2021, 01:28 PM

There are other ways of catching criminals than forcing the whole population to carry ID cards and spot checking them.
But an ID card could replace other documents. Our government need to know who walks our streets in order to better protect us in addition to easing detection of crimes including terrorism before and after attacks.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top