Join for free
Page 2 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 02:10 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

A few weeks ago downloaded 'We bought a Zoo' and got around to watching last night, excellent film, if a bit shmaltzy (sic.), I love Matt Damon.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 03:02 PM

All cinema's so far away I dont bother going, must of been donkey years ... But I watch films on dvd and last night watched Billy Elliot for the second time ... Its odd I remember it being a much better film the first time around.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, but I am sure there must be more "Hobbit" to come as the film seemed to finish in mid air.
The Hobbit is being made into a trilogy. The second part The Desolation Of Smaug is due for release early December this year and next year will be There And Back Again.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:12 PM

I went to the pics yesterday and was bored rigid with Iron Man 3. That little adventure cost me £27 for two seats. I tend not to eat when I go to the pics, because if I did, I would have to remortgage my house. £5.75 for a hotdog, £7 for a bag of popcorn, £3.20 for a bag of pick-and-mix sweets and the wife paid £2.50 for a small Coke, which was both flat and warm. Not forgetting £2.50 for a small scoop of ice cream.

And then Cinema chains complain about people not going to the cinema anymore.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by maggis ->
War horse was on Foxtel the other night, tissues on hand needed ( for me ) but thoroughly enjoyed it
Looking forward to that one Maggis - altho' I know I'll cry buckets
mari41
Wynyard. Tasmania
mari41 is female  mari41 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 02:42 AM

Went a couple of months ago to see Quartet. That was the first time in years. It was a very good film though. I read the other day that Billy Connoly has admitted that his memory is getting very poor and he has a job to remember lines. Never been a great fan of his but thought he was very good in this film.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 04:15 AM

Most recent was The Hobbit (part one). Also rented Disney's The Sword in the Stone to enjoy with my grandson.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
...I have the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, but I am sure there must be more "Hobbit" to come as the film seemed to finish in mid air.
Never been game to watch the Lord of the Rings movies because I enjoyed the book so much.

I read it in 1972 and haven't since but terrified to see the films in case they spoil it. I can only think of one film that was better than the book - Atonement - the film was excellent, the book mediocre. I guess that is the exception that proves the rule.

The Hobbit I am not so fussed about it was, after all, a relatively short children's book, making it in several parts sounds like they are rather over egging the pudding..
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mari41 ->
Went a couple of months ago to see Quartet. .
Me too, and loved it. Well worth seeing.

We go to our local arts cinema quite a lot as it has a really good coffee shop, cafe and book shop attached and you can take in wine or hot drinks. Planning to go and se 'Haute Cuisine' soon, a French film about the woman who was asked to cook for Mitterand.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
I went to the pics yesterday and was bored rigid with Iron Man 3. That little adventure cost me £27 for two seats. I tend not to eat when I go to the pics, because if I did, I would have to remortgage my house. £5.75 for a hotdog, £7 for a bag of popcorn, £3.20 for a bag of pick-and-mix sweets and the wife paid £2.50 for a small Coke, which was both flat and warm. Not forgetting £2.50 for a small scoop of ice cream.

And then Cinema chains complain about people not going to the cinema anymore.
That's what puts me off - scandalous overpricing of pretty much everything and then you have to put up with everyone else's munching and noise (my munching and noise are fine). I don't find the seating comfortable either and end up, usually, with a numb bum and then I start fidgeting. The last film I saw at the pictures was The Full Monty (absolutely loved it) but again, everyone crammed into a small space and that spoiled it. What made it more amusing were the two nuns sitting in front of us and that fascinated me as much as the film did

Page 2 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top