Join for free
Page 3 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 03:34 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

We use the Vue in Merthyr and normally go on a Wednesday (son is on Orange) and he always gets seats in the middle row of the three super duper seats near the top, huge armchairs, with wide rests really comfy seats and plenty of leg room - he needs it being 6'4". He laughs at me when I moan about the price of the food/sweets etc. But as he pays for the ticket and his own pop corn it does not really effect me as I rarely have more than a coffee.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2013, 03:04 PM

I was looking at a film on channel 5 last night called "The Invasion", not a bad film I thought. However I burst out laughing at the beginning when an American news reporter was trying to describe an organism from outer space that has just landed on earth, he ends by saying "One things for sure folks, it aint from around here." priceless. I know I'm easily amused but it was the best laugh I had all day.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 08:32 PM

Jem, your comment made me think of a line from one of Izzards routines "Folks from 'round 'ere, ain't from 'round 'ere; they're from Devon"
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

16-05-2013, 08:34 PM

Son and I went to see the new Star Trek on Saturday, brilliant of course. A revisit to the Wrath of Khan, which I actually understood better than the original, made more sense. One thing the film did do brilliantly was show exactly how flippin HUGEThe Enterprise is!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Jem, your comment made me think of a line from one of Izzards routines "Folks from 'round 'ere, ain't from 'round 'ere; they're from Devon"
I love that Des.
I'm hoping to see the new Star Trek film soon, got great reports about it.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

19-05-2013, 03:41 PM

Late last night I watched the film West is West, obviously a follow up to the '99 film, East is East. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the young Asian cast members were brilliant, and it was good to see 'George' eventually brought down to size, there was a brilliant scene where his two 'wives' (that is the one he left in Pakistan 30 years earlier) and the one he married in England, had a conversation. Well sort of, as neither could understand a word the other was saying or even really 'get the guist' and yet each's response was appropriate and very moving.
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2013, 05:15 PM

We went to see the new Star Trek two days ago.

If they continue with the remake it can only get better.

The new Mr Spock shows great promise?

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 10:03 AM

I am watching To Rome with Love at the moment, i taped it from sky films and watching it in about 30 min slots as most of it is in spoken in Italian with sub titles. It seems to be a typical Woody Allen film.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 10:06 AM

I have never seen a Woody Allen film - what do you make of them, is there 'one' to be recommended....?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Watched Overboard love Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel in that one.

Page 3 of 63 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top