Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Across Britain in a Punt.

That's the name of a program I watched on BBC4 tonight. It is what I would call a "fringe" program, but it was very interesting. It was about a chap who set off in a punt on the river Trent From Staffordshire to the Humber estuary. On the way he talked about the history of the places he passed through, mainly from the point of view of the industrial revolution. I found it very interesting.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 10:51 PM

Re: Across Britain in a Punt.

Sounds like a nice little programme Alan
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 07:53 AM

Re: Across Britain in a Punt.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
That's the name of a program I watched on BBC4 tonight. It is what I would call a "fringe" program, but it was very interesting. It was about a chap who set off in a punt on the river Trent From Staffordshire to the Humber estuary. On the way he talked about the history of the places he passed through, mainly from the point of view of the industrial revolution. I found it very interesting.
That does sound really interesting. Not sure I would want to do the journey in a punt though, they are somewhat unpredictable!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top