Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 06:39 PM

Electricity Bills

I am with EON and my bill is extreme, and I am very upset that they penalise me for paying my bill with cash, I pay an extra £80 per year more then someone paying by DD.

What supplier are you with and how do you pay your bill?

Susie J
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Re: Electricity Bills

We are with Southern Electric and we get a discount although we pay cash BUT on the last bill, we did not - so waiting to see what happens this time before I query it.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:00 PM

I'm with E.on and I pay the bill in the same way, by cash when we get it - I knew it was different not having a DD but didn't know it was that much...in fact I think ours is 35.00 on one plan or 43.00 on a different plan.

Added together its more, obviously, but I think you can only have one or the other or am I wrong?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:01 PM

I am with OVO and pay by DD. I get paid 3% interest on any credit in my account.
http://www.ovoenergy.com/
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:12 PM

I have just read my yearly statement and it looks as if I could get a saving of £89.00 a year plus £10.00 for online billing, nearly £100!! can that be right?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am with OVO and pay by DD. I get paid 3% interest on any credit in my account.
http://www.ovoenergy.com/
I think I'll have to try them Meg, I'm with Scottish Power at the moment, £740 in credit by DD and I can't get them to refund it. They are a nightmare company and their customer services are a joke...avoid like the plague everyone.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:25 PM

I was with SP at my old house paid by DD, they were always putting the monthly payment up ,,till i said you are not putting it up again ,When i was in credit , i got it transferred straight back into my account no trouble , but someone there got details of who i banked with and that wS the start of a 3 year campaign by a Fraudster. Trying to get into my account ,, I had a hotline number for every time i got a personal phone call from this creep , ,after a
while , i started to piss him off by acting either Deaf or daft,, on one occasion he called me A Daft Bastard among other things , i said sorry im deaf can you speak up ,, it winded him up well and truly , then i was given a number by the creep to be sure i was talking to a genuine bank employee I passed it straight onto the fraud squad and , that wS the end of the ass hole .

so after i moved i didnt bother with DD , i never want to experience it all again .. Sooner pay cash as and when .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think I'll have to try them Meg, I'm with Scottish Power at the moment, £740 in credit by DD and I can't get them to refund it. They are a nightmare company and their customer services are a joke...avoid like the plague everyone.
Barry I pay the same DD summer and winter to build up a surplus. Last week I requested a refund of £150 and it was in my bank within a week.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:37 PM

NPower monthly DD which was the cheapest deal in this area and recommended by MoneySaving Expert
cranberry
Notts, UK

18-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I was with SP at my old house paid by DD, they were always putting the monthly payment up ,,till i said you are not putting it up again ,When i was in credit , i got it transferred straight back into my account no trouble , but someone there got details of who i banked with and that wS the start of a 3 year campaign by a Fraudster. Trying to get into my account ,, I had a hotline number for every time i got a personal phone call from this creep , ,after a
while , i started to piss him off by acting either Deaf or daft,, on one occasion he called me A Daft Bastard among other things , i said sorry im deaf can you speak up ,, it winded him up well and truly , then i was given a number by the creep to be sure i was talking to a genuine bank employee I passed it straight onto the fraud squad and , that wS the end of the ass hole .

so after i moved i didnt bother with DD , i never want to experience it all again .. Sooner pay cash as and when .
What an experience, Eliza..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top