Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 04:25 PM

Clare Balding- Autobiography.

I've just finished reading this book and it was one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read. Each chapter is named after one of her many horses or dogs that were part of her early years. She uses the animals to "carry" the story of those years which were not always "whiter than white". She comes over as an intelligent and warm human being. I would recommend it, particularly to those interested in the world of horse racing. I got the book from Amazon as a "used" book for only £4.50.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 04:35 PM

Re: Clare Balding- Autobiography.

I really like this lady will see if I can get a download for my kindle.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 06:06 PM

always fancied her, had no idea she was gay.............bugger..........any road, might just give the book a try........cheers Alan.......H
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 06:24 PM

Ok she is only a presenter on TV but she annoys me intensely the way she pretends to be an expert on everything when its only out of books or whatever. Yes I know all about her link with horses but she really gets up my nose.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2014, 06:31 PM

I like the programmes she does on walking/rambling. Will look out for her autobiography.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 10:39 AM

I like her and think she is great on some subjects. I remember her
doing the swimming on the Olympics and she was hilarious with
some of the contestants and other presenters.
She always tries to lighten the subject which is a good thing I think.
I was surprised she was gay too H but I didn't fancy her so not
so much a shock
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 02:47 PM

Much as I love horse racing Alan I could never take to Clare Balding, she seems to me to be a very domineering sort of person, far too cocky for my liking and one of the very few presenters on TV that I don’t like. Now she’s everywhere on TV so she must be well liked, that suits me fine if it’ll keep her off the racing programs.

I really felt for the young jockey when she embarrassed him after he won the 2009 Grand National.

“The BBC has apologised after sports presenter Clare Balding told the winning Grand National jockey to 'get his teeth done' on live TV.
Minutes after the biggest win of his career, Liam Treadwell was 'humiliated' when Miss Balding made him show his crooked teeth to millions of viewers.
The 23-year-old jockey initially smiled with his mouth closed but she badgered him to open it.”
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 03:04 PM

That's a very cruel thing to do I agree Jem, however I do think she's a good presenter normally.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2014, 04:11 PM

I love the way she presents the racing on Channel 4, good style to her.Think she looks even better since she has lost a little weight, still that can be said for everyone [laugh]
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2014, 10:16 PM

Really enjoyed her autobiography and I like her as a presenter. She did a brilliant job at the Olympics and when she presents with Willie Carson at the races, they are like a double act. Didn't see the bit where she "humiliated" Liam Treadwell - but that doesn't sound at all like her usual persona.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top