Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 02:37 PM

Re: Black Friday savings

Wild horses wouldn't drag me to the shops today
I hear there has been fighting in some shops and the police have had to intervene

For me a bargain is only a bargain if the item is something you really need or had intended buying anyway. Sales encourage impulse buying and that to me is wasting money.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 02:42 PM

Indeed Meg, hearing on the radio a man saying proudly he had bought a large TV he didn't need or want or even have room for just left me feeling greed has over taken the nation today.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 04:01 PM

I´ve just watched a news video clip of this Black Friday from an Asda store in Wembley, unbelievable, it was like a fight at a football match. Also very noticeable, like it or like it not, there was hardly a white face to be seen.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Wild horses wouldn't drag me to the shops today
I hear there has been fighting in some shops and the police have had to intervene

For me a bargain is only a bargain if the item is something you really need or had intended buying anyway. Sales encourage impulse buying and that to me is wasting money.
Quite right Meg. Some of the people interviewed for the lunchtime news had gone shopping without anything in particular in mind, they were just after a bargain whether or not they really wanted the item............crazy.
I had a bit of luck however, this week I've booked two holidays for next summer. Today I received an email from Columbus insurance say that they were knocking 20% off of travel insurance over the next 48 hours. I checked their price against the company I normally use and they were cheaper so I've taken it out for those two holidays.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top