Join for free
Page 3 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

11-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Re: What books are you reading now?

Just finished reading " My Bonnie " by John Suchet ............ He comes across as a right selfish git
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 01:29 AM

I'm on a Philippa Gregory kick... The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance and currently The Constant Princess (Catalina, Infanta of Spain / Catherine of Aragon).
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
I'm on a Philippa Gregory kick... The Other Boleyn Girl, The Boleyn Inheritance and currently The Constant Princess (Catalina, Infanta of Spain / Catherine of Aragon).

I must get around to reading some of her Books ......Do you recommend them ?

Mind you , I have soooooo many on my Kindle now it`ll take me almost forever to get through them all
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 06:19 PM

Yes, definitely. She brings the characters to life in what I think is a very credible way and her stories stay true to historical events, though obviously her depictions are fictional.
Dolce
South Africa
Dolce is female  Dolce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 08:00 PM

I envy all of you (in a good way!) for having the time to read!
(Because I'm stuck behind my computer, I joined the forum for some welcome distraction from the boring stuff I have to do.)
I have the whole series of eight Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins books waiting in the wings.
Have anyone read any of these books? Are they worth the trouble?
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

12-05-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dolce ->
I envy all of you (in a good way!) for having the time to read!
(Because I'm stuck behind my computer, I joined the forum for some welcome distraction from the boring stuff I have to do.)
I have the whole series of eight Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins books waiting in the wings.
Have anyone read any of these books? Are they worth the trouble?

Sorry to hear that Dolce

Why dont you start a new thread and tell us why you suffer the " boring stuff " ?

I have never read any of the Books you mention , are they religious stuff or Sci-Fi ?
Dolce
South Africa
Dolce is female  Dolce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 10:19 PM

A friend thought it would interest me. I have a suspicion that it is religious books. I've had it for 4 months now but just don't have the time to start reading.

The 'boring stuff' is the last stretch on the long road of completing a degree. It's not difficult but the volume of work is incredible. Since January until end April I had to finish 8 research assignments and at the moment preparing for exams.

BTW, I don't read Sci-Fi. I tried but simply don't enjoy it ... too 'iffy' and confusing.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 10:36 PM

Dolce, re sci-fi, maybe you've been reading less interesting stuff. I find the female writers much more interesting: focus on people and relationships more than technology, just in unusual settings. Try any of Anne McCaffrey's Pern series or Marian Zimmer Bradley's Darkover books. Will send a list if you like ...

Wow, degree work does sound grueling; hope we're a welcome respite from the grind.
Dolce
South Africa

12-05-2011, 10:53 PM

dandysmom, I love reading and tried a few Sci-Fi books in the past, all of which were very disappointing. At the moment I'm just trying to get through all the books I have to read before exams.
December is usually my month for reading. If you can recommend the BEST Sci-Fi book you have ever read, I will appreciate it.

The forum is more than a respite. It's more of a temptation at the moment!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2011, 10:58 PM

ONE best? Almost impossible to narrow down, but will give it a think.

Respite, temptation, addiction! I missed the forums (here and our sister forum Catsey) unbelievably when I was in hospital recently!

Page 3 of 55 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top