Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 02:06 AM

Old TV Series

To my amazement I have recently found, on YouTube, The Human Jungle. Does anyone on here remember that?

I remember as a young teenager my dad absolutely loved this series, but I was more interested in Top of the Pops back then.

I've just started to watch it from the beginning and I am finding it to be very watchable. Set in the early 60s I'm enjoying the stories, the old vehicles, the politeness of people but what has made me giggle is the fact that everybody lit up their cigarettes, be they in a pub, restaurant, hospital, plane or anywhere else one is not allowed to smoke these days!

Which old TV series would you like to watch again.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 09:41 AM

Re: Old TV Series

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
To my amazement I have recently found, on YouTube, The Human Jungle. Does anyone on here remember that?

I remember as a young teenager my dad absolutely loved this series, but I was more interested in Top of the Pops back then.

I've just started to watch it from the beginning and I am finding it to be very watchable. Set in the early 60s I'm enjoying the stories, the old vehicles, the politeness of people but what has made me giggle is the fact that everybody lit up their cigarettes, be they in a pub, restaurant, hospital, plane or anywhere else one is not allowed to smoke these days!

Which old TV series would you like to watch again.
Oooooh Mollie that was the one with Herbert Lom he of the sexy accent and cosy bedside manner (Meg swoons >>>>>), oh yes I remember it ..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 05:27 PM

I loved the ones that make all the Political Correct People shudder.
Alf Garnet, Love Thy Neighbour. ect
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 05:58 PM

I loved The Avengers with the suave Patrick Macnee as John Steed and his partner Emma Peel
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 06:25 PM

So did I Mags, also Man from Uncle.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
So did I Mags, also Man from Uncle.
That was a good one too, Mary

Another series I used to watch without fail was "Lost in Space" with the Robinson Family and Dr Zachery Smith
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 07:41 PM

I liked curry n chips,Spike Milligan playing a pakistani irishman
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2011, 11:36 PM

Love thy Neighbour, Yes Minister (so true to life), The goons.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 02:26 AM

Yes Meg, that's him. Herbert Lom was Czech, hence the accent.

I've also watched Sapphire & Steel on YouTube, the full series of Hetty Wainthrop, One Step Beyond, Outer Limits, Star Trek (TNG) and loads of other good old stuff.

Sadly, the full series of The Avengers isn't available on YouTube but that was a favourite of mine.

I've recently watched the Gerry Anderson sci-fi series UFO but, to my utter annoyance, the last seven episodes were never uploaded. There are some good films to be seen as well, including The Towering Inferno and other "disaster" movies. I think it's brilliant.

Who needs a TV? The last time I switched mine on was Christmas of last year!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2011, 06:57 AM

I love watching the old black and white films made in the 50's . . . seeing all those old and forgotten cars we british used to make and the trams and trolley buses in the cities . . . I don't know why they phased them all out . . . Edinbugh is spending millions building a new tram system . . . the thing is those modes of transport were absolutely clean to the environment . . they ran on electric power.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top