Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 05:37 PM

Re: GB News Will Be Starting On Sunday 13th June At 8pm

A news channel should be a place you go to get uninterpreted facts, not somebody's spin on them. I suspect this channel's audience will consist of people who are merely wanting their own prejudices confirming.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
A news channel should be a place you go to get uninterpreted facts, not somebody's spin on them. I suspect this channel's audience will consist of people who are merely wanting their own prejudices confirming.
I can only speak personally, of course, but I want to watch any news channel that doesn't support PC, woke or left-wing agendas.

So far, there is only one.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can only speak personally, of course, but I want to watch any news channel that doesn't support PC, woke or left-wing agendas.

So far, there is only one.
I don't support "PC, woke or left-wing agendas"; neither do I support harsh, simplistic right-wing agendas. It is also the job of a news presenter to support neither. Opinions and views should come from third party commentators, and both sides should be represented, even though I may strongly disagree with one or the other. It would seem a mindless exercise to watch what seems to predominantly be a bunch of reactionary middle aged men bouncing my pre- existing opinions back at me.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 06:11 PM

That would apply to those who resort to rudeness when their opinions are challenged. Open-mindedness, tolerance and original thinking a refreshing change.

Nigel Farage is a good orator, makes others look unversed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
That would apply to those who resort to rudeness when their opinions are challenged. Open-mindedness, tolerance and original thinking a refreshing change.

He is indeed.

Which is why so many people dislike him so much!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

27-06-2021, 08:04 PM

Open-mindedness, tolerance and original thinking a refreshing change.
That is only funny because I know you're not joking.

Nigel Farage is a popularist. He simply taps into the views of his target audience and repeats them back to them. He's a con man.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

27-06-2021, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
He is indeed.

Which is why so many people dislike him so much!
I dislike him because he is slimy and unpalatable.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:58 PM

Gb news will thrive.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

27-06-2021, 09:01 PM

Gb news will thrive.
You could be right, there are probably enough numb skulls in the population to sustain it, I'm afraid.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-06-2021, 09:13 PM

That is only funny because I know you're not joking.

Nigel Farage is a popularist. He simply taps into the views of his target audience and repeats them back to them. He's a con man.
Well he can't be a particularly good 'popularist', going by his reception in Scotland.
I gather he doesn't particularly appeal to you personally either, but I suppose that depends upon your not agreeing with his political leanings.

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top