Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:46 AM

Re: How Is Your Fridge Coping With This Hot Weather?

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Is it a fridge freezer? Check the seal on the freezer section - if it's faulty and not sealing the freezer properly then the motor will stay on all the time, working harder to keep everything frozen, and this can cause freezing in the fridge compartment.

Also, if you can pull it out, check the coils at the back - if they're dusty this can have a similar effect, making the motor work harder to keep the temperature in the freezer stable.
Thank You, Bathsheba.

I have checked the seals and they all seem fine.
I would love to be able to pull it out but it’s built in to the units.

You might remember, it gained fame for having the glass shelf at a crooked angle!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
It is essential for one of the freezer shelves to be kept at an angle for the fridge to work properly. Some people foolishly level them all up
What a lovely day for you to go and play in the traffic!! Ha!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps I ought to mention that our freezer is certainly not over-filled.
In fact, there is very little in it, as we are so poor.
JBR, l will organise a food parcel for you... with worms!

The freezer part is fine, it is just the fridge section that is misbehaving.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:52 AM

I initially misread this thread (I am dyslexic) and thought it said ..

'How is your fringe coming in this weather'

Mine isn't coping at all, it is limp and damp and as soon as I set foot outside the door it drips perspiration into my eyes
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

Mine isn't coping at all, it is limp and damp and as soon as I set foot outside the door it drips perspiration into my eyes
I feel an invention coming on. A drip strip/tray for hair fringes. Look out for me on Dragon's Den.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 11:56 AM

My very ancient fridge freezer (over 20) is doing just fine and keeping cool things cool and frozen things frozen

I reward its good behaviour by cleaning and defrosting regularly.
Thank You, Meg.

I did defrost and clean it not long ago and that’s when l put the shelf back in at a crooked angle!

It now seems that my defrosting and cleaning it has had the opposite affect to yours..... the shock of it being defrosted and cleaned, has almost killed it!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 11:59 AM

https://www.whirlpool.com/blog/kitch...rigerator.html

Looks like bakerman was probably the closest and offered the best initial advice.
Yes, Bakerman did give really good advice.
The other posters did too and l am always truly grateful when members take the time and trouble to help and advise me.

I really mean that...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 12:01 PM

I feel an invention coming on. A drip strip/tray for hair fringes. Look out for me on Dragon's Den.
Dex I have taken to wearing a cotton bandana on my forehead which raised an odd look from the postman especially as it makes my fringe stick out at an odd angle ..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-07-2021, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Meg.

I did defrost and clean it not long ago and that’s when l put the shelf back in at a crooked angle!

It now seems that my defrosting and cleaning it has had the opposite to yours..... the shock of it being defrosted and cleaned, has almost killed it!!
Aw Art , poor fridge I am sure it will grow another protective coat very soon...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2021, 12:02 PM

Meg, you could put your fringe into a mini ponytail, or just cut it straight off, at the roots!!

Very helpful, aren’t l?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top