Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:00 AM

Re: Diesel cars

Until the electric vehicles (EV) become more practical they are too limited.
For example if I want to visit family, I have a round trip of about 240 miles. Best range for the EV is about 250 miles.
I am pretty sure I would not risk running out of charge on the M6. Also maximum range assumes a 100% charge which shortens the battery life (according to some sources).
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

China has serious air pollution issues.

They are tightening up.

https://www.ft.com/content/30185c82-...a-c7ac04ef00aa
That link asks me if I'd like to pay £14.50 a week.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That link asks me if I'd like to pay £14.50 a week.
Hi

Apologies for that JBR.

This link is free.

http://transportpolicy.net/index.php...uty:_Emissions
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Apologies for that JBR.

This link is free.

http://transportpolicy.net/index.php...uty:_Emissions
Thank you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:05 PM

The Australians seem to be immune from the eco-warriors and their assurances that the world is coming to an end.

How I wish we had as much common sense.
I wish it was that good but while we are soon to be the world's largest exporter of natural gas we face a gas shortage for industry and home use.

Coal fired power stations are closing because no one will invest in new ones but there is nothing reliable to replace them. SA had a massive state wide power outage recently when a storm took down some power lines. This power shortage will soon affect NSW and Victoria if nothing is done.

It is absurd that a country with more coal, more natural gas and more uranium than any other country on the planet should be in this situation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I wish it was that good but while we are soon to be the world's largest exporter of natural gas we face a gas shortage for industry and home use.

Coal fired power stations are closing because no one will invest in new ones but there is nothing reliable to replace them. SA had a massive state wide power outage recently when a storm took down some power lines. This power shortage will soon affect NSW and Victoria if nothing is done.

It is absurd that a country with more coal, more natural gas and more uranium than any other country on the planet should be in this situation.
Indeed. Trendy eco-warriors are taking precedence over down-to-earth people of common sense.

I can certainly believe that is the case here, but I am surprised that it is also happening in Australia.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Common sense is taking global warming seriously!
You can take it seriously and worry about it Tara, but there is absolutely nothing that you or I can do about it......And shame on those who try to convince you otherwise......
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 06:52 AM

Indeed. Trendy eco-warriors are taking precedence over down-to-earth people of common sense.

I can certainly believe that is the case here, but I am surprised that it is also happening in Australia.
It has nothing to do with eco warriors at all, it has everything to do with capitalism and unfettered market forces.

http://theconversation.com/renewable-energy-is-ready-to-supply-all-of-australias-electricity-29200

We would not be in this situation if there was a price on carbon or legislation ensuring that gas extraction required some to be held back for the local market.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You can take it seriously and worry about it Tara, but there is absolutely nothing that you or I can do about it......And shame on those who try to convince you otherwise......
We all need to do our bit to help rectify the situation, otherwise it is our children and grandchildren who will suffer!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:27 PM

The only way we can achieve anything is by going back to the dark ages.....a 100,000 years or so should do it.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top