Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 08:51 PM

Re: Are you organised?

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I store my T shirts rolled up with a pair of undies in each. That's pretty organised isn't it?

Why do you do that Bruce?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I'm reading a novel at the mo and the main character is overly organised with her wardrobe.

Black has to be at one end, white at the other end and colours (arranged) in the middle.

I know people can be overly particular about stuff. I'm a neat and tidy person in general but not overly organised with my wardrobe. Jumpers are together in any order, as are blouses and T shirts. Jeans and coats/jackets in another wardrobe.

What about you males....any preferences re the colour arrangement of your shirts? Belts....do you put them in a 'round' or have you got a belt and tie hook.

My dad used to be really particular about his belts and ties being on hooks
You kidding, I am just happy if I can find a space to cram anything in
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 11:00 PM

I'm a little bit organised but not overly. my wardrobe from left to right goes night things, trousers, skirts, blouses/ knits, coats. The hangers do all face the same way.
In my kitchen the mugs do have their handles all facing the same way. But that's about it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 05:06 AM

Why do you do that Bruce?
I can get more in a drawer because it is a far more efficient use of space, it keeps them relatively wrinkle free and when I go away I just throw the requisite number in a bag add socks and trousers/shorts and I am ready.

As I only wear T Shirts as tops (except to weddings and funerals) it suits me to the ground. Separately my undies and shirts took up two drawers but now only one.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6779-001.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	2055  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 08:49 AM

What a neat tidy drawer!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:14 AM

Good lord, who cares, as long as all the tools are in the right place in the shed?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 01:24 PM

I think my husband and I are the least organised most untidy couple ever BUT one of us has to take responsibility and that's me, I put away I tidy, but it doesn't come naturally I really have to make myself do it. Tasha was a neat freak, Nathan neat and tidy, Jordan a messy bogger but I've noticed when he comes home now he's very much a born again neat young man.

I worry sometimes if I were alone I might end up like my sister the hoarder, so I have a real fear of not tidying up.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I can get more in a drawer because it is a far more efficient use of space, it keeps them relatively wrinkle free and when I go away I just throw the requisite number in a bag add socks and trousers/shorts and I am ready.

As I only wear T Shirts as tops (except to weddings and funerals) it suits me to the ground. Separately my undies and shirts took up two drawers but now only one.
Now, if my dad would have worn T shirts, he would probably have done that. I'm impressed Bruce
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2016, 09:12 PM

Gosh Foxy... don't know what to say to that except has your wife ever put anything on the wrong colour hanger
Yes Pesta, in fact we have just returned from holiday and I have worn an awful lot of clothes due to the fact it was a cruise and there were several 'Black Tie' nights.
Mrs Fox has now completed the extraordinary large pile of washing and replaced everything in my wardrobe, and it's on the wrong hangers and out of place....So I don't make a fuss, I waited until she went out and rearranged the whole thing.

I must say though, I love Bruce's storage solutions and might even adopt his idea myself.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

13-10-2016, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yes Pesta, in fact we have just returned from holiday and I have worn an awful lot of clothes due to the fact it was a cruise and there were several 'Black Tie' nights.
Mrs Fox has now completed the extraordinary large pile of washing and replaced everything in my wardrobe, and it's on the wrong hangers and out of place....So I don't make a fuss, I waited until she went out and rearranged the whole thing.

I must say though, I love Bruce's storage solutions and might even adopt his idea myself.
Aaah, that's good of you Foxy

Where do you get your coloured hangers from, don't think I've ever seen coloured hangers. Is it a man thing

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top