Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 06:31 PM

Re: Women in frontline combat role

I think the only time my husband held a door open for me was when he was 17 and had first encountered 15 year old me. [[QUOTE]]

Have you ever considered perhaps he was trying to shut out your constant moaning love, are you ever happy ?? cos you certainly never sound it, there must be something you like besides being miserable. Like I said man or woman I hold the door till they get there. My hubby and I shared the work what I could do I did, What he could he did and if it was heavy then we'd both do it..
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-01-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Is it a competition then - seems like a daft attitude to me,
just a personal opinion...how i feel about it. I like to be respected which is sadly lacking today, I dont wanna spend my time having an attitude about things, I'm as good as you - etc., daft....
Surely both males and females should be respected as people, not their gender? I would hate it if a man made a special fuss of me just because I was female. Not that there is any chance of that where my husband is concerned.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Don't worry aout it Pats your normal that's all
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

24-01-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Surely both males and females should be respected as people, not their gender? I would hate it if a man made a special fuss of me just because I was female. Not that there is any chance of that where my husband is concerned.
There you are then the poor man's trying to make you happy and he's still wrong.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

24-01-2013, 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=hazel;233685]I think the only time my husband held a door open for me was when he was 17 and had first encountered 15 year old me. [
]

Have you ever considered perhaps he was trying to shut out your constant moaning love, are you ever happy ?? cos you certainly never sound it, there must be something you like besides being miserable. Like I said man or woman I hold the door till they get there. My hubby and I shared the work what I could do I did, What he could he did and if it was heavy then we'd both do it..
Oh dear you upset or something? I am NOT moaning just stating how I see things, just like everyone else. I am not particularly unhappy. My husband and I always did our own thing. We have absolutely nothing in common apart from our kids, sharing no interests whatsoever apart from a few TV programmes, and that is the way we like it. We have been married for 44 years this year, and are in it for the long haul. Sadly he is brain damaged since his devasting illness in 2006, and has to put up with me as his carer, a fate worse than death, but there you go! We have to make the best of it and fortunately we are lucky enough to have wonderful kids who make sure this daft old bat doesn't screw up to badly.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:08 PM

Wether its a man or a woman if the door needs to be held then I do it. Its manners, most people have forgotten the word or the meaning.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Absolutely 'both' should be respected....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.

24-01-2013, 07:16 PM

[QUOTE=Willow;233692]
Originally Posted by hazel ->
I think the only time my husband held a door open for me was when he was 17 and had first encountered 15 year old me. [

Oh dear you upset or something? I am NOT moaning just stating how I see things, just like everyone else. I am not particularly unhappy. My husband and I always did our own thing. We have absolutely nothing in common apart from our kids, sharing no interests whatsoever apart from a few TV programmes, and that is the way we like it. We have been married for 44 years this year, and are in it for the long haul. Sadly he is brain damaged since his devasting illness in 2006, and has to put up with me as his carer, a fate worse than death, but there you go! We have to make the best of it and fortunately we are lucky enough to have wonderful kids who make sure this daft old bat doesn't screw up to badly.
I'm sorry Willow I had forgotten that and I shouldn't have , sincere apologies. I will refrain from having a go at you for being a miserable old bat if not a daft one. Still don't know what mr Bloody Green is though have even Googled it and that's no help.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:35 PM

Well 'jealous guy' would fit the Mr. Green I know....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2013, 07:41 PM

I'm Ok with it but I just wonder about some of the practicalities. I'm thinking particularly of toilet arrangements. A man is quite happy to wee up against a hedge even if other men can see him, would a woman be happy with the same arrangement ?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top