Join for free
Page 371 of 1676 « First < 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 871 1371 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 11:05 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, that-ism, is-m, is-m, is-m
All we are saying is give peace a chance
Hit it
C'mon, ev'rybody's talking about
Ministers, sinisters, banisters and canisters
Bishops and Fishops and Rabbis and Popeyes and bye-bye, bye-byes
Let me tell you now
Ev'rybody's talking 'bout
Revolution, evolution, masturbation, flagellation, regulation, integrations
Meditations, United Nations, congratulations
Ev'rybody's talking 'bout
John Lennon
lovely RJ one of your best - is this a song that nurse vivian sings a lot around your way??
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 03:54 PM

I've heard it is,gumbud...and ol' RJ gets JOLLY excited when he's allowed to join in and play the electric triangle! I'm told he jumps around like a mere yoof!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 04:02 PM

I don't know why I've been thrust into the spot life of late.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 04:43 PM

M'dear RJ;we mere scruffians,obtuse,lesser gifted,degenerate...even [in certain cases] scholionophobic reprobates...well,da trufe is,RJ,we need your wisdom,experience of life,innate qualities of leadership and guidance,plus in our nascent state of development,we NEED the assurance your hallowed presence bestows upon this unworthy congegation! Isn't that right,fellas.

Fellas?

OI!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Nice to see you all so happy in this festive time.

I came across this in my archives, it’s from 2014, i always wondered where it went as I’m very sloppy with files and never name anything, it throws new light on the very first murder.

Professor Archie Olliegist is curator of the Cairo museum of ancient scrolls, he has been investigating recently discovered manuscripts found in an old desert well 10 miles from the Pyramids, the scrolls were in such bad condition that he had to enlist the help the Los Angeles institute of advanced technology to copy the script and decipher the amazing contents.
Olliegist has spent 12 years painstakingly piecing together what the scrolls contain, the information that really interested me was the murder of Abel by Cain. To my great shock Olliegist discovered that it was the other way round, Abel killed Cain!
In his recently published paper (“The Adam File”) on ancient murders he writes “Abel killed Cain and the weapon used was not the jawbone of an Ass, a murder weapon that would not become popular until the arrival of Samson, but the jawbone of a mouse concealed in a grape, the jawbone had been left overnight steeping in puss and when Cain bit into the grape next morning at breakfast it’s sharp edges lodged in the upper roof of his mouth causing an infection which rapidly spread to the brain resulting in an agonising death. We know this as it states in the Adam scroll “Unga walla mux hoo goo” meaning “Mouth big and green” It also said “Hocca no bla muscha benben” “Big head burst into many bits”

So there you have it straight from the Adam file.
My ass hasn’t got a jawbone, I just checked.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by pug ->
m'dear rj;we mere scruffians,obtuse,lesser gifted,degenerate...even [in certain cases] scholionophobic reprobates...well,da trufe is,rj,we need your wisdom,experience of life,innate qualities of leadership and guidance,plus in our nascent state of development,we need the assurance your hallowed presence bestows upon this unworthy congegation! Isn't that right,fellas.

Fellas?

Oi!!!
yes;yes'yes;yes!!!!! Rj for la presidento
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 09:27 PM

Agreed Pug RJ guides with a silken clove and a radar brain, picks up on things very quickly, one would want to get up very early in the morning to slip one past him, fair play to you RJ, long may it continue.

Ah yes the mysteries of the middle east, will the trouble ever come to a lasting peace, sad.
You know Yassir Arafat could be a very rude man when he liked, I remember reading that when he was asked to return to the peace talks with all the other parties he said it wouldn’t be worth his while to bother hez bollah.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

30-11-2017, 09:53 PM

I saw your post about Postimage Gummy and I'm just trying it out, is thumbnail for forum the one you have to select?

This is me when I won the Galway Plate on "Jems Mate" back in 2009, nice dream, then I woke up.

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

30-11-2017, 10:09 PM

well you can pick that but surprise surprise you get a thumbnail pic I pick hotlink for forums as you get a bigger pic!

but why not experiment open up microsoft word page or some such choice and then try all the options by pasting them on a blank page - please report back at your convenience but preferable before Xmas I'm thinkin of doin some xmas cards via same!!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2017, 10:24 PM

The expression "Damned with faint praise" rapidly came to my mind after reading the last few posts.

Some others I googled

Quotes:

Grant me prudently to avoid him that flatters me, and to endure patiently him that contradicts me. - Thomas `a Kempis

Flattery is a counterfeit money which, but for vanity, would have no circulation. --François de la Rochefoucauld

Flattery is telling the other person precisely what he thinks about himself. --Dale Carnegie

Chickens don't praise their own soup.—Unknown

He that loves to be flattered is worthy of the flatterer. --William Shakespeare

You think I love flattery and so I do; but a little too much always disgusts me. –Samuel Johnston

He that is too desirous to be loved will soon learn to flatter, and, when he has exhausted all the variations of honest praise, and can delight no longer in the civility of truth, he will invent new topics of panegyric, and break out into raptures at virtues and beauties conferred by himself.—Samuel Johnston

It is easier and handier for men to flattery than to praise.- Jean Paul Friedrich Richter

Flattery is praise insincerely given for an interested purpose.--Henry Ward Beecher

Young children are unlikely to have their self-esteem strengthened from excessive praise or flattery. On the contrary, it may raise some doubts in children; many children can see through flattery and may even dismiss an adult who heaps on praise as a poor source of support--one who is not very believable. –Lilian Katz

Flattery is undeserved praise, and is usually general in nature. For example, when Grandma comes over and says, "Son, you are so handsome and smart, too," that is flattery. Praise, on the other hand, is specific and well-deserved positive reinforcement. "Mark, I really like the way you kept your room clean all day today." Respect and praise support children's growing sense of themselves and encourages positive behaviors. –Nancy Golden

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being. --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Most people are not really conceited, but feel a certain amount of inferiority and tend to get a little discouraged with themselves, therefore encouragement is a very important thing! I do it all the time! I praise everybody for everything they do that I see is good. --David Brandt Berg

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success. --Unknown Author

Note how good you feel after you have encouraged someone else. No other argument is necessary to suggest that never miss the opportunity to give encouragement. --George Adams

Blame-all and Praise-all are two blockheads. –Benjamin Franklin

He who praises everybody praises nobody. --D. Samuel Johnson

Those who are lifting the world upward and onward are those who encourage more than criticize. Elizabeth Harrison

Correction does much, but encouragement does more. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticisms. --Norman Vincent Peale

Pointed criticism, if accurate, often gives the artist an inner sense of relief. The criticism that damages is that which disparages, dismisses, ridicules, or condemns. --William Ernest Henley

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter. - Denis Diderot

The secret to giving advice is after it is given, to be perfectly indifferent to whether it is taken or not, and never persist in trying to set people right. –Hannah Whitall Smith

We can often do more for other men by trying to correct our own faults than by trying to correct theirs. -- Francois Fenelon

He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help. – Lincoln

To belittle is to be little. --Unknown

It is only imperfection that complains of what is imperfect. The more perfect we are, the more gentle and quiet we become towards the defects of others. --Joseph Addison

I believe that one becomes stronger emotionally by taking life less personally. If your employer criticizes your report, don't take it personally. Instead, find out what's needed and fix it. If your girlfriend laughs at your tie, don't take it personally. Find another tie or find another girlfriend. --Marilyn vos Savant

It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. --Theodore Roosevelt

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing. --Elbert Hubbard

Page 371 of 1676 « First < 271 321 361 369 370 371 372 373 381 421 471 871 1371 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top