Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 04:03 PM

Delicate subject - probs with bm's?

Talking about constipation and how to deal.

I know from personal experience that certain medications can really cause problems in this area. I know there are various solutions on the market but I prefer something more natural. But occasionally diet etc is not enough.

Years ago when I was a young nurse, I was on a geriatric ward where I noticed that several of the patients would have a word with the wars sister! and be given a few sheets of newspaper before going to the bathroom. Finding this a bit odd I asked her what the paper was for. She explained that the best thing for opening ones bowel was to squat over a few sheets of newspaper. This had several effects, first it utilised the strength of the thigh muscles, second it utilised gravity, and third it allowed the anus to open more fully. It works too. And of course is completely natural, if undignified

Anyway, several years ago I caught an episode of two an half men, and the fussy one had this stool thing, which fitted around the pedestal and on which he rested his feet allowing him to adopt the same crouching/squatting posture. Brilliant thought I. But could I find one, or indeed anything similar in this country? Nope. But today I have. So if anyone is interested let me know and will pass on details.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Re: Delicate subject - probs with bm's?

Now this is why when Dad lived with us and had a disabled toilet fitted I hated it ! The flaming thing was so high my feet didn't touch the ground. And he always moaned about not being able to go, I was only going because I went at work where we had normal loos !

TMI I know but it was a significant period of my life LOL
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 06:19 PM

I watched eEmbarassing bodies once and this subject came up a computer image was shown on how bringing you knees up in a squat position allowed the natural way for the bowel to empty.

Is it possible for you to put a photo up of the stool that goes round the toilet .?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 06:30 PM

That's what the gastro-enterologist told me to do too, doesn't work though, have to perform "row, row, row yer boat!" unless I eat normal food! Glycerin suppositories are the best thing I've found.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 07:33 PM

Twiz, take Senna tablets, one before bed - twice a week .....
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Is it possible for you to put a photo up of the stool that goes round the toilet .?
I thought the stools were supposed to go in the toilet

daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 08:17 PM

can do better than a photo, they are in the Bright life catalogue, po box 334 liverpool L13 1WD, or telephone 0844 5 434 435, page no 24, item no 75570 'rite-shape' toilet footrest @ £15.99.

Oh and Patsy, automatically taking laxatives twice a week is a no no. Your bowel forgets how to work on its own, and eventually you will be in deep trouble.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 08:28 PM

http://www.brightlife.co/Item--i-75570
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 09:28 PM

When I was in hospital after having my daughter, I noticed a few other mothers had dishes of stewed prunes whilst we had Arctic Roll - don't prunes work anymore?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2013, 11:04 PM

My Yoga teacher recommends drinking pure Aloe Vera Juice in hot water every day to cleanse and purify your insides.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top