Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:19 PM

Re: Greedy Royalty!!!

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Working!
Jeez, have a Kit Kat.
That's one helluva shift.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Jeez, have a Kit Kat.
That's one helluva shift.
Not now they have been taken over by the Yanks, taste like shite!
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hmmm lets thinks - naval career or queens consort ?
It was his choice and quite a premeditated choice that he made aided and abetted by his Uncle Mountbatten.
Its a no brainer .
A navy career compared with being consort to the most influential monarch on the planet, Moreover the man has more military titles . honorary commissions and medals ( most of which are complete unearned than just about any man in the country.

Ok i will give him that one

At £359 k pa and several rent free palatial residences i should darn well think so . Royals allow themselves to be patrons of charities but other people do the work in them .

This old chestnut has been disproved so many times already but here goes again.
They do not attract tourists - the palaces and historic sites attract tourists. No one comes to the Uk hoping to have tea with her madge. France attracts many more tourists than the UK and they haven't has a monarchy for 130 years, Versailles is the biggest tourist attraction in Europe far surpassing Windsor castle and Buckingham palace.

This horse is very much alive and kicking.
The taxpayers do fund the royals a ridiculous situation where ordinary people contribute to the upkeep of one of the richest families in the world.

I will answer this question although i consider it both personal and impertinent beside having nothing to do with the topic . I don't give a Caribbean Island as my 'residence' - I am just here for the time being
I am a UK resident and as a UK resident I pay tax .
Good answers.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 11:08 PM

I respect the Queen, she's done a grand job for her country but I can't stand the thought of Charles being King. I know it's stupid but I can't forgive him for what he did to Diana. Same goes for his wife.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Don"t forget he went "playing about" several times in the fifties Helene Cordell [night club singer]was mentioned
Also what about that trip he took with "forget who" for several months.
He"s also had "friendships with "penny, whatever her second name is" whilst he was doing the pony trap riding.
TBF he has been an old philanderer, the only thing that has stopped him is old age . Can"t wait to see the back of him.
Reading back over my post it sounds quite harsh, but there you go. We surfs sometimes don"t feel like doffing our caps.

It is believed he was also implicated in the 'Profumo affair' although that was 'hushed up'.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It is believed he was also implicated in the 'Profumo affair' although that was 'hushed up'.
So cannot be verified?

I heard Bill & Ben had a threesome with Weed.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:29 PM

I heard he was a friend of Reggie Kray and also had a hand in the great train robbery in the 60's
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2016, 12:55 PM

And despite being president of the WWF he went about shooting animals .

Nah couldn't be
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

06-02-2016, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And despite being president of the WWF he went about shooting animals .

Nah couldn't be
And?

Trophy hunting trips Raise funds for conservation, the WWF is involved in this practice.

Anyway, what's wrestling got to do with it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Royalty is above politics and any thread distinctly about them should not be in this section !

REALLY???

What's your excuse for this???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6858051.html

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top