Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 09:12 AM

Re: Do i matter. ? (The local elections May 5th)

Yes indeed SF, squeaky bum time for some i feel, if you factor in the forthcoming referendum.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 09:22 AM

Just a PCC election here, what a complete waste of time and money these people represent.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 09:31 PM

ah well another non starter.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 10:21 PM

I don't know what elections we have tomorrow, just got a card in the post.
No idea why, I'll find out when I get to the church hall!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 11:30 PM

Local councillors and the Copper where we are. Don't know who the councillors are except for the Labour candidate who's plastered her posters all over the place and a few UKIP posters. Nothing in the post either.

Our council is NOC so won't be voting for Labour so as to maintain the NOC - last time Labour were in control it was a disaster what with wasting money on pet projects instead of where it was actually needed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA;899684[B
]I don't know what elections we have tomorrow, just got a card in the post.[/B]
No idea why, I'll find out when I get to the church hall!

I didn't even get that Tess!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2016, 11:57 PM

police crime commissioners get £60,000 a year, we never had them before and now another drain on rate payers money. Get rid of them
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 01:46 AM

The Ward where I live has elections for a PCC, and probably like the majority of people, I think the money could be better spent on more police on the street - I doubt if I'm the only person who recalls the saying about too many chiefs and not enough indians

Also for a councillor; there are two candidates; Labour & Lib Dem

I'm going out for the day on Thursday, and I'm not bothered if I don't get back in time to vote
I'd have made an effort if there had been a UKIP candidate though

We could do with a vote on whether we need a PCC at all. On the other hand, you'd have thought that the abysmally low turnout for their elections would be indication enough that the majority of voters don't want them
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
The Ward where I live has elections for a PCC, and probably like the majority of people, I think the money could be better spent on more police on the street - I doubt if I'm the only person who recalls the saying about too many chiefs and not enough indians

Also for a councillor; there are two candidates; Labour & Lib Dem

I'm going out for the day on Thursday, and I'm not bothered if I don't get back in time to vote
I'd have made an effort if there had been a UKIP candidate though
Why did you not stand yourself?
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2016, 01:55 AM

Because I don't think I'm good enough at public speaking or debating

I do however support both UKIP and the Vote Leave campaign

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top