Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2017, 11:20 PM

Re: immigration levels arent too high according to Corbyn

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
Corbyn is totally insane. I see him on TV and am actually embarrassed that I voted Labour for most of my adult life.
Me too, but I changed to UKIP before that
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 06:14 AM

I wonder do we ie the general public want a more equal society?
In theory yes but in practise everyone struggles to make their own way and it's a hard struggle for some . Practically impossible if you are born disadvantaged in some way .
At the same time as decrying poverty and health cuts people fawn on the royal family and willing devour the myth that they bring millions of income to the the country.
We desparage homeless people and benefit fraudsters yet smile benignly on one pampered cosseted family and admire the 'work' they do.
At the end of the day most people do their best for their own however they can .
The housing problem could be improved if a cap were put on house prices .
In Cuba anyone may buy one house but they can only sell it for what they paid plus any improvements they have made.
It's not considered an investment as it is here .
There is IMO nothing wrong in making a supply of government housing for sale but with the same conditions .
Finally we don't want immigration and by that we mean hordes of unskilled males from third world country who are followed by their copious families .
Charity begins at home and is where any government should concentrate its efforts .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 08:41 AM

Yes Muddy, some of us are just to Busy, and wrapped up in surviving to worry too much about what other folks are doing, this way of doing things, may be part of the problem.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 09:13 AM

Well I'm not busy and I can't think of anything that I can do to help the homeless or creating an equal society except donating to various charities like the Salvation Army Chrsis and Centrepoint etc .
This is very frustrating it's not very good to feel that all you are good for is to give money ( worthy as this is )
What can the ordinary person do ?
What Corbyn suggests sound dreadful to most people the death of aspirations putting aside ones own family for the general good .
This generally goes against nature .
It natural for the human animal to protect and promote the well being of its own family.
And that is the most most people can do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well I'm not busy and I can't think of anything that I can do to help the homeless or creating an equal society except donating to various charities like the Salvation Army Chrsis and Centrepoint etc .
This is very frustrating it's not very good to feel that all you are good for is to give money ( worthy as this is )
What can the ordinary person do ?
What Corbyn suggests sound dreadful to most people the death of aspirations putting aside ones own family for the general good .
This generally goes against nature .
It natural for the human animal to protect and promote the well being of its own family.
And that is the most most people can do.
It is hard as an individual to do much it's really up to governments to set the parameters that allow for a more fair society, vote well chose the best government I guess is all most of us can do. I don't think and this isn't aimed at you muddy shooting down someone who speaks out like corbyn isn't helping, I actually listen to exactly what he said last night in his speech and it's not as reported, he was trying to start a conversation asking how can we make things better saying could this work ? If not is there another way that's better but we have to have the conversation. He wasn't saying this is policy which is how's it's been reported or how some received it. Is it crazy out of his mind to say can we talk about our society ? Really ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 10:15 AM

So Corbyn still wants more people to come to Britain, has he forgotten that he couldn't get a seat on a train?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 10:27 AM

Hi

Immigration is a very serious issue for many, talking about it is not going to help the situation, nor is it going to address the issue of a fairer society, which is what Corbyn says he wants.

When he comes up with some workable, rational, achievable plans , I will listen.

Until then he continues to be what he has always been, a dreamer with no sense of reality at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 10:30 AM

Well that's us doomed then unless we talk about things how can anything change ? It's heartening to me anyone asking questions and listening to us, I don't want ideas imposed we need to talk and find a point of agreement.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2017, 10:34 AM

Hi

You can talk for years, Corbyn has done that.

Having a workable plan and then putting it up for discussion is at least a start.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

11-01-2017, 11:09 AM

Then how do you get a workable plan if you can't put your head above the pulpit and ask what people want ? We've had years of being shut down and not being allowed to speak up I thought it refreshing he asked.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top