Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 02:21 PM

Re: Does Britain need foreign workers?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I tell mine there is no shame in manual work no shame at all. If they have a job it doesn't matter what it is if they are contributing and working hard, they are OK by me.

No different picking veg in the cold than the 17 years my husband was a milkman or some of the things my nephew is doing in the army or the other as a hospital porter.

Quite right. My son is far from academic, he works in a factory. He manages to give his family a decent life. Not all people are able to gain high levels of qualifications, and need to seek work suitable to their abilities.

There is a notion of " they told me I could be anything I wanted" .
Maybe, but not without ability and hard work.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Quite right. My son is far from academic, he works in a factory. He manages to give his family a decent life. Not all people are able to gain high levels of qualifications, and need to seek work suitable to their abilities.

There is a notion of " they told me I could be anything I wanted" .
Maybe, but not without ability and hard work.
Good for him I used to love factory work made hair dryers for Phillips until they gave the factory owner grants to take it to Northern Ireland and that was end of manufacturing here.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2017, 05:43 PM

Good posts Julie and Tregonsee....

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top