Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Re: Trident Missile goes astray

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So too did Harold MacMillan, Harold Wilson & Ted Heath, does that, by your paranoic standards make them Communists too???
Touché
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Galty I understand cruise missiles weigh many tons
It wasn't a cruise missile; it was a ballistic missile!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am sure a proportion of all weapons fail when being tested, that is why they test them.
Does that mean we shouldn't have any weapons in the interests of our countries security.
But I agree with this. This is why missiles, and everything else for that matter, are regularly tested. I'm sure that that particular missile wasn't the only one to misdirect itself; there must be many under test that don't work properly.

Having performed the test, they will now try to discover the cause of the poor performance and make adjustments to ensure that the same thing wouldn't happen under war-time circumstances.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It wasn't a cruise missile; it was a ballistic missile!

But I agree with this. This is why missiles, and everything else for that matter, are regularly tested. I'm sure that that particular missile wasn't the only one to misdirect itself; there must be many under test that don't work properly.

Having performed the test, they will now try to discover the cause of the poor performance and make adjustments to ensure that the same thing wouldn't happen under war-time circumstances.
Quite so JB I meant to write Trident which weighs many tons.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 02:22 PM

This is why missiles, and everything else for that matter, are regularly tested. I'm sure that that particular missile wasn't the only one to misdirect itself; there must be many under test that don't work properly.

That is so I am sure.
My late husband went all over the world on 'trials work' from deserts to the arctic circle testing weapons and the 'defence equipment' built to deter weapons (like mortar locating radar).
If everything worked perfectly there would be no need for trials and it would save us a fortune.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 03:05 PM

I have a warped mind. A missile goes off course-are we doing deals with North Korea??
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I have a warped mind. A missile goes off course-are we doing deals with North Korea??
Ah, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

We manipulate missile control systems in order to send the missile in the opposite direction to that intended.

Then we sell the missile control system to the North Koreans (or perhaps ISIS) and watch what happens.

North Korea bombs China; China obliterates North Korea. "Not our fault, boss."

ISIS bombs Iran or Pakistan; Iran/Pakistan obliterates ISIS. "Nothing to do with us, lads."
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 05:42 PM

There is evidence to suggest(Hacked and leaked by the Russians) that it was aimed at Trump Tower to stop him becoming POTUS.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-01-2017, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
There is evidence to suggest(Hacked and leaked by the Russians) that it was aimed at Trump Tower to stop him becoming POTUS.
But the Russians and Trumpy are mates, aren't they?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2017, 08:07 PM

But the Russians and Trumpy are mates, aren't they?
Yes and they want to discredited us....Think about it
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-01-2017, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes and they want to discredited us....Think about it
They want to discredit us for what?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top