Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:23 PM

Re: Respect our customs

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Did anyone notice a story reported in the Guardian?

The Dutch Prime Minister has said that anyone who doesn't respect its customs should leave the country

Hooray! It's about time we had some of that attitude in Britain
I read comments in the press about this story stating that he has effectively been driven to make that statement by his opponent Gert Wilders.

An almost identical parallel to Dopey David Cameron and Nigel Farage!

EDIT: Sorry Judd (#14). Just seen your post!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Haven't you realised yet?

The Women's Rights Groups, Politically Correct Police, Social Justice Warriors, or whatever else you want to call them have their own priorities or pecking order

They will always go after anything white or British as that is an easy target

They do not criticise or protest about Muslims and immigrants, or just pay lip service to it, as any such issues are 'part of their culture' and thus above criticism.
Yeah I realised years ago unfortunately and was being sarcastic in my post.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yeah I realised years ago unfortunately and was being sarcastic in my post.
Sorry, I missed that. I'm afraid it was a bit too subtle for me
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 06:09 PM

Mark Rutte is busy with damage limitation.

He is desperate to win the popular vote, The Dutch people go to the polls on 15 March and he would love another term in office.

However, the Dutch have seen wage freezes and an influx of refugees some causing big problems with the legal system backed up for years in deportation cases.

Some areas ranked among the poorest in the country are seeing refugees being housed before their own people and that is causing a swing toward the PVV (Gert Wilders).
This law of housing priority is set to change in April not in time for the election..

The biggest problem in my view is that the Dutch have been so hospitable and easy going believing that everyone should have the right to their own views and religions, and having a very generous social system that some people have thought they read the word *Doormat* on the foreheads of their Dutch hosts and behaved badly leading to major distrust and some outright hatred.

I wouldnt like to say which way the election will go especially with the recent changes in leadership of the labour party PVDA ...

Time for popcorn!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Mark Rutte is busy with damage limitation.

He is desperate to win the popular vote, The Dutch people go to the polls on 15 March and he would love another term in office.

However, the Dutch have seen wage freezes and an influx of refugees some causing big problems with the legal system backed up for years in deportation cases.

Some areas ranked among the poorest in the country are seeing refugees being housed before their own people and that is causing a swing toward the PVV (Gert Wilders).
This law of housing priority is set to change in April not in time for the election..

The biggest problem in my view is that the Dutch have been so hospitable and easy going believing that everyone should have the right to their own views and religions, and having a very generous social system that some people have thought they read the word *Doormat* on the foreheads of their Dutch hosts and behaved badly leading to major distrust and some outright hatred.

I wouldnt like to say which way the election will go especially with the recent changes in leadership of the labour party PVDA ...

Time for popcorn!
I look forward to enjoying further developments.

This, of course, is the situation across much of Europe now and, hopefully, could lead to the destruction of the EU.

Well done Murky.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 08:58 PM

Wilders FTW
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What rules are you talking about? Do you mean obey the law?

Or is this just one of those silly meaningless statements that sound good but actually mean absolutely nothing and just create division between them and us.
They create the division - not us.

"When in Rome" Bruce ya know?
If they don't like how we do things, instead of bleating / moaning / demonstrating etc - just sod off somewhere else...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
They create the division - not us.

"When in Rome" Bruce ya know?
If they don't like how we do things, instead of bleating / moaning / demonstrating etc - just sod off somewhere else...
Yes "when in Rome...", but if you blanket-apply that logic we ourselves would be expected to applaud public floggings and executions if we visit say Saudi or tolerate FMG if in Egypt, eat dog in Korea, etc, etc. It takes about two generations to assimilate. But there's never been a process for helping people do that in the UK hence all the problems.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

25-01-2017, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Yes "when in Rome...", but if you blanket-apply that logic we ourselves would be expected to applaud public floggings and executions if we visit say Saudi or tolerate FMG if in Egypt, eat dog in Korea, etc, etc. It takes about two generations to assimilate. But there's never been a process for helping people do that in the UK hence all the problems.
If I was in Saudi, I'd applaud nothing they do. However much it disgusted me, I'd have to either keep quiet or choose to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-01-2017, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
If I was in Saudi, I'd applaud nothing they do. However much it disgusted me, I'd have to either keep quiet or choose to leave.
Yes. Their country; their rules.

Unfortunately, the case in this country is often

our country; their rules!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top