Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 08:48 AM

May & Hunt to sell NHS to Americans???

Here we go again - the scumbag 'nasty party' are likely to want to sell our NHS to the yanks as part of a trade deal.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7545536.html

... and this is the knock-on effect of the 'nasty party's' starvation of funds for the NHS

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7546211.html
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 09:46 AM

Re: May & Hunt to sell NHS to Americans???

I was hoping this would be kicked into touch with Brexit but this has been on the table for a long time.

Heaven help us if the 'merican's get their hands on this, I can't see a way around this not costing us money every month to be honest.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 10:16 AM

Me too silbee but the idea of not free at point of need is becoming more popular everytime I hear debates about it. I think paying to see GP is not far off now. Ok for some of us but a killer for others.
Silbee
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Me too silbee but the idea of not free at point of need is becoming more popular everytime I hear debates about it. I think paying to see GP is not far off now. Ok for some of us but a killer for others.
I agree, Julie. The fact that it is being deliberately run down infuriates me.

I just hope they have fair exemptions in place for those who really need it.

I find it slightly worrying that I've sort of accepted the inevitability of it, too.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 10:48 AM

The so called Independent becomes more like something produced by Hans Christian Anderson every day. I'm surprised you still read the Bumper Book of Fairy Tails Joe. Refusing to rule something out is a far cry from, its definitely going to happen
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
I agree, Julie. The fact that it is being deliberately run down infuriates me.

I just hope they have fair exemptions in place for those who really need it.

I find it slightly worrying that I've sort of accepted the inevitability of it, too.

Don't accept it, Fight back!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:05 AM

Hi

Pouring money into a failed system is not the answer.

There are 9 layers of management, any privately run operation would slash these by half, and so they should, they are not needed.

We can do this ourself and use the money for patient care, it should not be used for private profit.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 05:27 PM

I watched The Hospital programme lasting night. A consultant on there said the cost of private treatment given to ease the waiting lists could be spent on treating folk within the NHS by supplying the means to do it.
That was my interpretation of it, so surely that's the same situation across the board.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 07:59 PM

Pre -brexit the media was full of stories about how the EU wanted to shut down the NHS..Now the nasty Europeans are out of the way the good old Yanks are trying their best to get it.

Keep your emenies close but your friends closer
Silbee

26-01-2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Pre -brexit the media was full of stories about how the EU wanted to shut down the NHS..Now the nasty Europeans are out of the way the good old Yanks are trying their best to get it.

Keep your emenies close but your friends closer
I read sometime ago that the US were waiting to come in and take it over. It's a long term plan that is brought up now and again.

You have a great system in the Nederlands, don't you?

You all pay in certain amount each month and the treatment is there for you stat?

You're an ex-pat, right?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top