Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 08:06 PM

Re: May & Hunt to sell NHS to Americans???

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why are they still selling sugar when they know of it's harmful effects?
Sugar isn't harmful in moderation, in fact it is essential to life.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Julie .. that sounds a little harsh coming from you. You've surprised me saying that.

As to smokers and fatties, aren't they already been denied operations in some areas?
Waiting 17 years for a knee op on a working man made me less happy at rationing at the younger end. Surely getting someone pain free to work and pay tax is more sensible ?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Waiting 17 years for a knee op on a working man made me less happy at rationing at the younger end. Surely getting someone pain free to work and pay tax is more sensible ?
I'm not sure what you mean about the 17 years wait ?

Nor do I quite understand the idea of getting someone pain free so they can work and pay tax... well, I can from a hard-headed accountants point of view but it's not a system I'm keen on the idea of. I smoke and pay Tax (self-employed) so do I beat an older person who may not smoke?
I just can't see a system where been younger increases your entitlement for quicker treatment as very fair.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top