Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Re: Back to the bad old days of George Bush???

Only 'sick' individuals poke fun at those who are or have been tortured.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
well you see, uj, it's like this

if the terrorists didn't go around destroying skyscrapers, blowing up tube trains, beheading aid workers, or murdering holiday makers, nurses, schoolchildren, and just about anyone else they felt like, there would be no need for torture at all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 11:56 AM

Hi

There is a world of difference between extracting information when there is a known, immediate threat to innocents and prolonged torture simply for the purpose of revenge.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a world of difference between extracting information when there is a known, immediate threat to innocents and prolonged torture simply for the purpose of revenge.

There is NO distinction. Our laws do NOT permit torture, nor rely on any information gained by torture which can be highly unreliable in any instance.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There is NO distinction. Our laws do NOT permit torture, nor rely on any information gained by torture which can be highly unreliable in any instance.
that's why he is changing them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 02:12 PM

Only 'sick' individuals poke fun at those who are or have been tortured.
Coming from somebody who calls an IRA terrorist who backed the kneecapping of youths(amongst other atrocities) "friend" I find rather ironic........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Coming from somebody who calls an IRA terrorist who backed the kneecapping of youths(amongst other atrocities) "friend" I find rather ironic........
Not to mention the seven beautiful horses slaughtered in Hyde Park.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 03:12 PM

Are you going to be an idjit all your life??? - It has already been confirmed that information gained by torture is worthless. Furthermore, arising from the previous debacle over Guantanamo, the UK Government are prevented, not only from torture per se, but profiting from information gained by torture, hence my comment relating to GCHQ.
To a certain degree I must agree, wouldn't any of us admit to everything, give information, if we were being tortured?
I must admit that I would admit to killing all 6 million Jews if someone was removing my toenails with a pair of pliers.
I don't know what the answer is, because if I was in a position of getting information from someone who had kidnapped my child etc, I would not hesitate to torture that person , it's a hard call!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 06:39 PM

.... Our laws do NOT permit torture .......
Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
that's why he is changing them.
Trump is going to change British law ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

26-01-2017, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Trump is going to change British law ?

No - my O/P was too sophisticated for him to understand it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top