Join for free
Page 21 of 30 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:05 PM

Re: Should I do it?

Looks a good job Carol, hope it works out for you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:14 PM

Looking good, Carol, but shouldn’t you replace the bollard in its hole when going out, rather than store in the garage? Otherwise it defeats the object of installing it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Carol, can I make a suggestion? Put some reflective tape like this one on the bollard so no-one can complain they haven't seen it if they do manage to run into it during the night.
Good idea.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:20 PM

Personally, I believe ,that there is a possibility, of the hole ,where the bollard sits, being filled in ,either with cement or something else, that’s if she takes it out and stores it in the garage, I do hope not.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:24 PM

Not sure about the placement of the bollard, Carol. From the photo it looks as though 'he' still has plenty of reversing room - but then it doesn't show the end of your drive. I do hope there will not be any adverse reactions!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not sure about the placement of the bollard, Carol. From the photo it looks as though 'he' still has plenty of reversing room - but then it doesn't show the end of your drive. I do hope there will not be any adverse reactions!
Yes, I was thinking that it would have been better placed near the end of your drive, Carol.

I'm sure you'd find it easier to drive into one of your neighbours' drives, get out and remove the bollard, then back into your own drive.

Oh... hang on...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Carol, can I make a suggestion? Put some reflective tape like this one on the bollard so no-one can complain they haven't seen it if they do manage to run into it during the night.

I agree Percy.

They have to be easily visible, especially when painted black..

Let's hope there's no more trouble Carol.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:52 PM

Carol, It was only £150 to make and install it? I think you got a bargain there!

I bet the air is blue over the road at Mr Bullyman’s house!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the remarks everybody.

Yes you're right. I will put it back in it's place after I've reversed out or as you say the hole could be filled with 'something' - Mind you, I've already had a chat to the police about this so they'll know whose house to go to if it gets vandalised!!

RE: The yellow reflective tape. What's wrong with the 2 strips of reflective tape already on it?

Thanks again for the sensible intelligent replies/questions/advice and to the would be trolls - I don't find you amusing. funny or annoying - just pathetic...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Thanks for the remarks everybody.

Yes you're right. I will put it back in it's place after I've reversed out or as you say the hole could be filled with 'something' - Mind you, I've already had a chat to the police about this so they'll know whose house to go to if it gets vandalised!!

RE: The yellow reflective tape. What's wrong with the 2 strips of reflective tape already on it?

Thanks again for the sensible intelligent replies/questions/advice and to the would be trolls - I don't find you amusing. funny or annoying - just pathetic...

Nothing wrong with the bollard,Carol,it’s fine, if he vandalises it,you won’t have a leg to stand on,unless it’s recorded, he could pay someone to vandalise it.

Page 21 of 30 « First < 11 19 20 21 22 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top