Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 10:05 AM

Gallstone Disease!

Those that suffer from gallstones or gastric problems, should read this link, it seems to be working for me, I did get instant relief after one day.
I will say it is hard to eat when you don't want to, but just split your meals up by 2, so if you eat 3 meals a day change it to 6 which helps.
I shall actually carry a Tupperware pot with some in with me.
Read the link but it is very long.
I also think healthy people should take a regular dose of legumes.
http://karenhurd.com/pages/healthtop...erdisease.html
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 01:41 PM

Re: Gallstone Disease!

An interesting link Wrinkly

A diet as fat -free as possible will give relief from gall pain and is of enormous benefit to our health generaly.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 01:50 PM

I don't know anything about this wrinkly but fat free eating for a reasonably healthy person IMO isn't such a good idea. Before I went low carb and started losing weight I tried low fat only to find my hair was falling out, my skin was ridiculously dry and I generally felt pretty rough. We need a bit of fat (unless it's medically not recommended) to keep our bodies well.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't know anything about this wrinkly but fat free eating for a reasonably healthy person IMO isn't such a good idea. Before I went low carb and started losing weight I tried low fat only to find my hair was falling out, my skin was ridiculously dry and I generally felt pretty rough. We need a bit of fat (unless it's medically not recommended) to keep our bodies well.
Low fat for a healthy person who has a balanced diet is fine, but as fat free as possible when there is gall bladder problems is medically recommended.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Yes I wasn't commenting on people with gall stones etc just that low fat isn't always a good idea for healthy people.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
An interesting link Wrinkly

A diet as fat -free as possible will give relief from gall pain and is of enormous benefit to our health generaly.
I have been on a fat free diet for years, I use virgin olive oil if I need an alternative, this diet above actually dissolves gall stones and is a cure for gall stone disease.
If you read the link you will see what I mean, and the story about her daughter is really worth reading.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2013, 03:15 PM

Guess what Wrinkly? I have followed that exact diet!

Though I only had 3 meals a day with carrots and humous (both high in soluble fibre) in between.

I used to have what I thought was a 'liver patch' on the palm of my left hand, and after going on that diet it disappeared! However it has started to come back now.

Gallstones are a tricky thing - some people say they build up when there is not enough fat in the diet (as the gallbladder doesn't expel bile frequently enough), some say when too much (probably bad fats) are in the diet, and some say from an underlying infection - such as H Pylor or parasites or protozoa. And of course as Karen says in her article when there is not enough soluble fibre (such as raw vegetables).

I think it is probably a combination - bad fats, not enough good fats or soluble fibre, and bugs choosing to settle there. So you might want to try adding wormwood drops to your diet to help flush out any bugs as well. Or better still, get a comprehensive stool test, such as this one: http://www.invivoclinical.co.uk/cata...2#.UlFwV36Q1-E

Hope you feel better soon.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-10-2013, 03:18 PM

I have a feeling like many things it's down to individual bodies using food in different ways. Obviously we should seek individual answers and not assume one size fits all.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

06-10-2013, 03:24 PM

Azz, the liver produces bile, and if the gall bladder doesn't get fresh bile on a regular basis, stones will form, the idea of this diet is to get the liver producing bile, which will gradually break down the stones and you will eventually pass the debris.
I am sticking to the diet which appears to have already calmed down my severe pain, I was about to have my gall bladder removed in the next few weeks, but at 75 I am going to stick to this diet instead.
The diet even says take a spoonful of legumes if you have pain, and it does work.
Pats
Lincolnshire

06-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I have been on a fat free diet for years, I use virgin olive oil if I need an alternative, this diet above actually dissolves gall stones and is a cure for gall stone disease.If you read the link you will see what I mean, and the story about her daughter is really worth reading.
I did read the link Wrinkly and found it interesting and I am a great believer in diet having a beneficial influence in many medical conditions.

Did you read the disclaimer at the bottom?

quote....All material provided on the KarenHurd.com website is provided for informational and educational purposes only. The information given should not be regarded as a guaranteed cure or a statement that the recommendations can assuredly reverse a health condition

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top