Join for free
Page 38 of 1676 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 538 1038 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 12:37 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

gumbud,m'main man,please,read,digest-and smile...

Methinks thou dost protest too hard
Afeared thy reputation be marred.
Worry not,this forun isn't 'iffy'
-we understand about thy stiffy!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:31 AM

Ay thaink you; Ay thaink you; Ay thaink you!

ps: are you calling me a stiff now ? RJ please deal with this malcreant swiftly!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:25 AM

Whilst I deplore the standard of grammar & spelling employed of late, I don't feel able to comment on individual grievances , Gumbud dear boy.
I overlook any references to bodily parts & functions in the threads as I have a low tolerance of visceral matters or indeed bodily fluids.
I am still having nightmares over the phlegm sandwiches, an appalling suggestion.

TO change the subject somewhat I have been asked to devise a quiz for over 60's. Have any of you gents ideas for inclusion.

thanks
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
gumbud,m'main man,please,read,digest-and smile...

Methinks thou dost protest too hard
Afeared thy reputation be marred.
Worry not,this forun isn't 'iffy'
-we understand about thy stiffy!
What's up with all the talk about stiffys. I can't find it any where in my "Works of Shakespeare"
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Well look harder...afer all,Yorick was a tad stiff!

RJ...how about 'agricultural tractors through the ages'.
As in,see how many are remembered,recalled or sighed over?

Y'know,as in"Arrr,oi 'membrrr t'warz raynin'...but we jerss keppon a-ploughin'through the thart heavy ol' ground,an' moi trusty ol Marrrrshal 'Pom-Pom' single,she just kep' on a'ploughin; and agoin;no concerrrns regarrdin' they muddy parrts,not in MOI day. Elfen safety? Oi've SHIT it!"...sort of thing?

oh...and please take note of the excellent and erudite etymological references ensconced and employed in the above-after all,the cerebal convolutions required for deformulative consideration of imponderables,designates a certain deficiency in one's cogitational armament-would you not agree? Hmm?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Yes definitely -all of the above!

I was once told by a Herefordshire farmer friend of mine that one of the best ways of dealing with a difficult constipation problem was to sit on a good old massey ferguson tractor and plough a few fields the turn over rate was amazing - old trouble once ya had to keep alighting from said tractor and drop ya dacks!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 09:52 PM

Never buy a Tractor, one day you may become entrenched.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

12-06-2016, 10:05 PM

All the public loos have gone from here, years ago. Back in the 1950s & early 1960s there were loads of them and some of them were quite grand. Ornate little buildings, brick built with high ceilings. Excellent ceramic ware with full height privacy guards between each stall. There would be glossy painted ironworks , pillars & ball & claw ornamental pillars on the panels between the cubicles.
The admission charge of a penny was not expensive, but inconvenient if you hadn’t a coin of that denomination.
When I worked in the town centre there was a rather grand facility at the terminus bus stop. It was subterranean. This premises had the luxury of an assistant, lurking in a little office next to the stairway. Sometimes he might make light conversation , in a non threatening way.
“Nice out today innit guv”.
As the years passed the whole place went downhill and the convenience became a hub for other activities, drugs, homeless people, indecent behaviour.
I came across the attendant years after he retired and he confided in me that in the end if someone came in for a crap it was like a breath of fresh air.

There was an interesting post script to this bit of local history. The site was acquired by a poster company who planned to erect a huge hoarding on this corner site but when they demolished the building they discovered the Victorian workers who put up the building had vandalised a unique Anglo-Saxon burial plot directly below. The site immediately had a preservation order put on it which prevailed for years until the poster company eventually gave up the fight and very sportingly paid for the site to become a lovely scented garden.

How’s that for a happy ending?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2016, 10:17 PM

Yes, I remember such subterranean premises, very ornate and indicative of a previous era, but, strangely threatening.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-06-2016, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yes, I remember such subterranean premises, very ornate and indicative of a previous era, but, strangely threatening.
like you were descending into Hades perhaps?

A friends first experience of male ablutions in Thailand was as he stood gently peeing and enjoying the relief of off loading a full bladder a pair of hands firmly gripped his shoulders. Whirling around in astonishment and fright and spraying all in a circumference of at least 3 feet he came face to face with a rather startled elderly Thai gentleman who exclaimed "massage Sir"

[true story]

Page 38 of 1676 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 538 1038 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top