Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 12:20 PM

Re: G7 in Cornwall? I thought I misread!

Originally Posted by d00d ->
that's what I was wondering. They're in the UK but not Britain.
Yes they are in Britain.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yes they are in Britain.
British isles not Britain. Politically it's the UK though.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:29 PM

Ulster IS British. Granted not all of it but until it was sold down the river by that POS Blair and renamed Northern Ireland for decades it was known as Ulster. AS YOU SHOULD WELL KNOW

I guess I wasn't alive when it was called Ulster.... It's been Northern Ireland all my life and Northern Ireland it will stay unless it politically merges with the rest.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I guess I wasn't alive when it was called Ulster.... It's been Northern Ireland all my life and Northern Ireland it will stay unless it politically merges with the rest.
What about when the The Royal Ulster Constabulary? That was established when the Fenians were given permission by Westminster to set up Eire in 1922. It was renamed by that traitorous POS Blair as part of selling the loyalists down the river in 2001 (I believe).

The very thought of giving away a part of Britain to a foreign power, Eire, appeals me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:55 PM

It's supposed to be the G7 - why is Ursula von der Leyen even there? She's not the leader of a country.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
It's supposed to be the G7 - why is Ursula von der Leyen even there? She's not the leader of a country.
Probably the same reason as why Scotty from Marketing is attending, they were invited to attend as guests.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

11-06-2021, 11:17 PM

What about when the The Royal Ulster Constabulary? That was established when the Fenians were given permission by Westminster to set up Eire in 1922. It was renamed by that traitorous POS Blair as part of selling the loyalists down the river in 2001 (I believe).

The very thought of giving away a part of Britain to a foreign power, Eire, appeals me.
You need to start living in the present. Great Britain is the Island we are on. Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom. Ulster is a province (or is it a region? Probably the latter). Shall I draw you a venn diagram?

ps. I assume that's a typo in your post ....
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

12-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Ulster is a province (or is it a region? Probably the latter).
You're quite corect Annie. Ulster is a province.

From Wikipedia:

Ulster (/ˈʌlstər/; Irish: Ulaidh [ˈʊlˠəi] or Cúige Uladh [ˌkuːɟə ˈʊlˠə]; Ulster Scots: Ulstèr[5][6][7] or Ulster)[8][9][10] is one of the four traditional Irish provinces, in the north of Ireland. It is made up of nine counties: six of these constitute Northern Ireland (a part of the United Kingdom); the remaining three are in the Republic of Ireland.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

12-06-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
You're quite corect Annie. Ulster is a province.

From Wikipedia:

Ulster (/ˈʌlstər/; Irish: Ulaidh [ˈʊlˠəi] or Cúige Uladh [ˌkuːɟə ˈʊlˠə]; Ulster Scots: Ulstèr[5][6][7] or Ulster)[8][9][10] is one of the four traditional Irish provinces, in the north of Ireland. It is made up of nine counties: six of these constitute Northern Ireland (a part of the United Kingdom); the remaining three are in the Republic of Ireland.
Hi Ullabi, it's interesting though because a province is usually a subsection of a country. In the case of Ulster it now straddles two geopolitical lines.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe only only idiots can attend?

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top