Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 10:09 AM

Apple Watch

We live in a world in which a great deal of effort is expended on finding things to sell us which we didn’t realise that we wanted.

The media are beginning to report on another such thing – the Apple Watch. Their thinking is that we need to carry their existing admittedly small and light gizmos. So the new idea is that we should wear something all day without having to remember to take it with us.

They do realise that this can’t be just a mere watch. Indeed people with mobiles tend not to wear them anymore since all the mobile devices will tell you time. So it has to look very smart – so your friends will envy you when they see you wearing it. It will, of course, tell you the time. But the great new ‘breakthrough’ is tell you lots of things about your health – blood pressure, pulse rate, etc. etc.

I suspect that this nonsense will catch on. Just as now people are forever looking at their mobiles to read the latest text messages so in future they will look at their Apple watches as soon as they have walked up a flight of stairs for example. In short we will become a nation of hypochondriacs.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Re: Apple Watch

I would find the watch very useful ,and im sure others would who suffer heart problems and need to watch their BP.
I also see the celebs wanting one too , i think for me though the price will be out my range. If they come down in price to about a Hundred then i shall get one,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 11:27 AM

The Apple watch sounds like just another pointless bit of kit to me .

It's the same with mobile phones , so many of them these days do a lot of of things but not very well. eg they contain an inferior radio, camera , torch etc.
I don't want to view the internet on a minute screen or listen to the radio through earphones but many people seem to have convinced themselves they need to.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 12:15 PM

Great... and I JUST now got an Ipod... still figgerin' it out
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The Apple watch sounds like just another pointless bit of kit to me .

It's the same with mobile phones , so many of them these days do a lot of of things but not very well. eg they contain an inferior radio, camera , torch etc.
I don't want to view the internet on a minute screen or listen to the radio through earphones but many people seem to have convinced themselves they need to.
Yep - you can have too much of a good thing - as we drive along we see schoolchildren and adults gazing at these things, totally unaware of whats around them, a bit worrying really ........
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 03:46 PM

It allas be ther same, just when I got a gas lamp, they went an invented lectricity
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 04:11 PM

My friend,her of no money, but good at ear bending;

Stephan you should get a new computer-why? mine works.

Stephan you should get a new mobie-Why? mine works

Stephan you should get your tv tuned into your computer-why?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 04:28 PM

Any of the new techie gadgets make me crazy.. I do eventually get the hang of using them, but only after temper tantrums with rantings and ravings. My poor hubby has had to nurse me through multiple lap tops, an IPad, now an IPod.. I refuse to get an IPhone... I do NOT need another computer. I need only to be able to call home.. or God forbid the police in an emergency. PERIOD. My old flip phone does me fine.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
My friend,her of no money, but good at ear bending;

Stephan you should get a new computer-why? mine works.

Stephan you should get a new mobie-Why? mine works

Stephan you should get your tv tuned into your computer-why?
She wants you to be 'up to date'
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2014, 05:45 PM

Folks have more money than sense!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top