Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 06:05 PM

Back after the break.

What ever happened to “Back after the break”. I’ve noticed in recent times that some of the TV companies have a nasty habit of breaking for the ads whenever they feel like it, in mid scene and very often in mid sentence, especially at this time of year when they are very busy with ads., surely it wouldn’t take an Einstein to figure out an acceptable way to solve this.
I think that not only does it show disregard towards the viewer but it borders on contempt. I know the ads pay for the stations to survive but do the advertisers realise the public are cursing their product because of the crude manner the stations interrupt the programs to present them? We have all got used to ads on TV now and indeed actually enjoy some of them.
I hope the advertisers cop on to this and give them a stiff talking too, I think it’s the height of ignorance to treat the viewers in this manner.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 06:10 PM

Re: Back after the break.

Yep - I agree Jem but isn't it the same as 'customer service' all round, where is it I ask meself - its gone - but not forgotten, by me anyway ......
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 06:17 PM

They used to have great respect for the viewer in the old days, now it's just a mad dash to save time and get more ads on.

End of Part II
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 07:15 PM

It's rare we watch anything that we haven't pre-recorded so we just fast forward through the ads anyway, but I know what you mean about the timing, very frustrating at times...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's rare we watch anything that we haven't pre-recorded so we just fast forward through the ads anyway, but I know what you mean about the timing, very frustrating at times...
We do the same and I wonder if that's why ads suddenly come on - to catch us out

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top