Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:51 AM

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Good morning everyone chilly and dull.

I am making cherry and almond cakes to take to the children when I visit tomorrow then some tidying
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Wet again here after yesterday & the day before's nice weather.

So glad to hear Mrs.Fox is better, Foxy.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good Morning from Foxy's sunny world.......
Mrs Fox was sent home from hospital last week (Sun 23rd Feb) with a plethora of medication and since then has sat in her reclining chair and wanted to end it all. She used to enjoy walking and doing puzzles or reading a book, but now she wasn't interested in any of those things......

So on Sunday I suggested that she stopped taking all of her medication except the one she has always taken for her Crohns. I could not believe the change! She was a different woman. On Monday she asked me to accompany her on a short walk and her appetite had returned. She said that she would walk every day, and has been true to her word and we have just returned from a walk down the lane.

Yesterday the bed was stripped and all the bedding was washed and today she wants me to take her shopping. Her mental attitude has changed to one of optimism and positivity...I didn't believe that medication could have such a profound effect, and it might have been the correct medication for her physically but I believe that recovery is 50% positive mental attitude and without that it's a downhill spiral....Just wanted to say that......So 'As you were'....
Bob, I'm pleased your wife has improved and I can imagine how much the better it makes you both feel. Long may it continue!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 03:43 PM

Good Morning from Foxy's sunny world.......
Mrs Fox was sent home from hospital last week (Sun 23rd Feb) with a plethora of medication and since then has sat in her reclining chair and wanted to end it all. She used to enjoy walking and doing puzzles or reading a book, but now she wasn't interested in any of those things......

So on Sunday I suggested that she stopped taking all of her medication except the one she has always taken for her Crohns. I could not believe the change! She was a different woman. On Monday she asked me to accompany her on a short walk and her appetite had returned. She said that she would walk every day, and has been true to her word and we have just returned from a walk down the lane.

Yesterday the bed was stripped and all the bedding was washed and today she wants me to take her shopping. Her mental attitude has changed to one of optimism and positivity...I didn't believe that medication could have such a profound effect, and it might have been the correct medication for her physically but I believe that recovery is 50% positive mental attitude and without that it's a downhill spiral....Just wanted to say that......So 'As you were'....
Good to hear Bob, 👍 my best regards to you both on a continued upward trajectory...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 04:42 PM

Miserable day out there but I've got a new PAYG mobile to play with (I spilt orange juice on the old one . The new one cost us nothing, nada, zilch because we paid with Tesco vouchers. Now all I need is an instruction guide to set it up (this time Google has failed me so, I've messaged the manufacturer).
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 09:18 PM

Thanks Tiff, Mags and Barry....
It's good to have her back to her old self.......I was getting a bit worried.....Off to the cinema tomorrow to see '1917' It will be her first day out since her op.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:10 PM

It's good to have her back to her old self.......I was getting a bit worried.....Off to the cinema tomorrow to see '1917' It will be her first day out since her op.....
Brilliant, I hope you both enjoy it
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2020, 11:41 PM

OGF & Mrs. Have a lovely time watching the film.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top